Watch Out!

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
There are some sick fucks about!

Watch out, there are paedos about | The Sun |Showbiz|TV

Date Line set up a show to make people aware of internet prowlers called To Catch A Predator. I've watched it and you'd be surprised what kind of people turn up to the sting.

The article mentions a guy named Maurice Wolin-that is NOT the guy in the pictures...he's not even in the slide show. I watched it the other night so i know who he is, the dumb twat, and i was surprised by how many people knew what Date Line was doing and STILL arranged to meet the underaged girl in the photos.

Preverted Justice are very good people, my hat goes off to them!

KiethBlackLion

Registered Member
Ok....I'm glad that they are able to catch these criminals and are able to put them away, but I question the method in which they do it. It's one thing when police do a sting and have someone pose as an underage kid in order to lure out and arrest these child molestors. I have no problems with that. I do have a problem when it's used for a ratings show.

To me, it just seems unethical that Dateline is doing this. In all reality, I wonder how those caught on camera are able to get a fair trial when the case is aired on television. Plus, it's bad enough when these people are caught and their names are put in the papers, but when it's on television it's even more humiliating for the families of the criminals.

I feel that the format in which they do this is in breach of privacy of the criminal. He/she may be a pedophile, and a sleaze, and a pervert, but they do have a right to privacy when the media is concerned.

I know some might argue that the tv show Cops isn't much different then this. I honestly have no rebuttal against that argument at this time. However, the impression that Dateline is exploiting the criminals and the case doesn't sit right with me.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Well all the Pedo's information, screen name and chat logs can all be found on the Preverted Justice website anyway and they'd use the video as a confession cause the guy does get them to confess.

KiethBlackLion

Registered Member
Well all the Pedo's information, screen name and chat logs can all be found on the Preverted Justice website anyway and they'd use the video as a confession cause the guy does get them to confess.
Yes but is the confession legal? Technically, a lawyer could say that confession cannot be used in court because it was coerced, or the defendant was put into a position where he had no choice but to confess. Especially if the police awit to arrest him/her after the confession was made on camera.

I would have to look it up but I think a confession can only be used in a court if the defendant has been read his miranda rights and the confession is given afterwards.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
The guys they catch are idiots and deserve what they get for their stupidity.

Hell half of the men featured on that show couldn't get laid in a morgue with twenty bucks in their pocket. Sad, sad, sad...If you are so desperate to meet a girl the go to a bar or a club.

It cracks me up when the men try to claim that they were only meeting the girl to "Talk". What a bunch of dumb asses.

These guys make me sick! They also make the males on this planet look bad.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Hah, old news over here in the states but yeah, the show can be iffy. Personally I think these guys are the lowest form of scum and shouldn't be given the time of day.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
They're caught out and they still try to deny it, but i think the guy in the article photo's gave it up stright away; he wasn't so stupid.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
The worst part, is that if you've ever seen the show, most of these guys know immediately what's up. When Hansen makes his entrance, most guys clam up, run, or get teary because they all know the show yet they do this stuff anyways.

KiethBlackLion

Registered Member
As I said, I'm glad the guys are being taken off the streets, I just question the legal validity of the case with the show being involved.

Anyway, I found this article at http://http://www.wnyc.org/news/articles/38940 written by defense attorney David Feige. According to him,

Just last week I was cross-examining a detective in a homicide case. He was testifying at what's called a suppression hearing. It's a part of the criminal case that a jury never sees. Often held just before trial, the suppression hearing is where the prosecution has to show that the confession they want to use was given after a knowing, intelligent and voluntarily waiver of Miranda rights.
I guess my question is, are Miranda Rights given at any point prior to the confession being given on camera and are the rights given to the suspect upon arrest by the police?