• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Miscellaneous Wasps and other Crud

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
There are some things in life that are just absolute shite. Things that if they weren't there would really make life a lot better, of course there are the real big things that are plain, but I'm more focussed on the little things. Things that cumulatively add up to create a level of irritation that seriously makes things just that much more infuriatingly crap

Wasps sprung straight to mind for this. I don't think I've met a single person who would say: "They're lovely things, everything is so much better with them in existence" - Now, I wouldn't say I'm terrified of them, but when one zooms by a little too close it can definitely alter my tune. The singular threat of a sting is enough to drive anyone barmy, to the point in which I could say they deserve a right good birching for they're inconsiderate menace.
And calluses, these fuck me right off, the slightest bit of pressure and the end of your thumb, or nose, or elbow or foot suddenly becomes a sore blazing hellspot, often without any sense to why it's happened, except the dull news that it bloody has, and it bloody hurts, and it can bloody do one.
And Gonorrhea. I haven't got this, but I expect anyone that has will attest that it is no barrel of laughs.

Now, you're probably wondering what the point is in this long tirade. I'm just stating the obvious really, but there is one, might not be a good one, but there is this:

These cruddy annoying life-worsening little things should be named and shamed. There should be a clear list of them and a strong message that lays down these clownish inventions, annoying happenings and nonsensical problems in black and white, and sticks a big, fat finger up at all of it...
1) to make everyone aware of what sort of guff is out there, perhaps there is some stuff that some of us are totally oblivious too...
2) to vent steam and ultimately feel better about ourselves for being able to identify what is good and what is evil...
3) because it's something to do...

So, put the things that get on your nerves down, whether inanimate, amorphous or even supernatural and tell it what you think of it... And help us all know what we're up against.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hate wasps too and hornets. I've had to deal with some really big nests before. The wasps nest was in my cat house. I was armed with two can's of wasp spray. My husband, he's allergic to them, lifted up the top then ran and I started shooting. Thousand of those little suckers came out and dropped dead. I didn't get stung once.

Another thing I hate and I wish would go extinct is ticks. There's no practical use for them. All they do is torment people and animals. A deer was at my window and the poor thing ears were covered with ticks. Wild rabbits are covered with them this time of the year. All animals around here have them any place they can't scratch.

I have no use for mosquitoes either, another species the world could live without. They cause your dog to get heart worms and spread other diseases.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Reminds me of this:

Frankly, I think the frogs in my backyard need to be rounded up and individually shot. I'd do it, but A. I don't own a gun. B. Hunting frogs sounds like a crap afternoon.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Don't want to shoot the frogs they might croak.
That's all they do anyways.