Was The Last Elected People's President Richard M. Nixon?

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Rapier, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Rapier

Rapier Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

It certainly looks like his is the last administration/Congress to look out for John Q. Public.

I refuse to consider Carter because he pardoned all the traitors who returned from Canada.

2. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

Well, I'd have to dust off my Alex Jones books, but if you really wanted to get conspiratorial, I think Reagan was the last president that was not a member of the CFR or the Trilateral Commission.

(yeah, I really don't have any Alex Jones books...:shifteyes:....no, really I don't)

3. Gavik

Gavik Registered Member

We was an actor that was paid to front GE products for a good portion of his career. Seems like great qualification for a president. And whatever aspects of imperialism he didn't support got a lot of love from him after the assassination attempt.

4. Sim

Sim Registered Member

What do you mean by "people's President"?

What I noticed is that polarization seems to have grown. Both Bush jr and Obama were/are strongly supported by one side of the public, but passionately hated by the other.

Except maybe after Clinton's Lewinsky business, Clinton and Bush sr seemed to be less controversial. At least they were not that passionately hated by their opponents, and not as passionately supported by their supporters. They both seemed more centrist, and put more effort to please "the other side" too. But I may be wrong.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  5. Gavik

Gavik Registered Member

Since when are draft dodgers traitors?

6. Rapier

2 likely reasons the corporate owned media made such a big deal over Watergate. No President has interceded, on behalf of the American citizen/worker, against deregulation since.

Richard Nixon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    ------
    Since my friends and fellow servicemen died or came home damaged after fighting the spread of Communism for our country.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  7. Gavik

Gavik Registered Member

You wanna talk about betraying the troops? Look no further than Nixon and Kissinger. Both conspired to sabotage the peace talks in 68 in order to win the presidential election. You wanna really talk about betrayal? How about the fact that the Gulf of Tonkin was staged in order to get the US overtly involved. Vietnamese Communism a threat to the US? What a joke.

8. Rapier

Communism was a threat to the world. Everything on the world stage is angled and reangled behind closed doors.

Carter's action was an upfront and personal lunger at the American people and their lost and damaged sons to satisfy the American media with closure.

9. Gavik

Gavik Registered Member

Right, because America crumbled when Vietnam went communist.

Also, that implies that capitalism isn't. All just false paradigm used to scare and control the masses. The Soviet Union and US were two sides to the same coin.

Yes, but how does that relate your threat of communism statement?

They were already exiled to Canada away from their homes and families. Are you suggesting it's an insult because those drafted were too stupid to flee? I don't see how it devalues their service. They are too separate things.

In 1971, Colonel Robert Heini made the statement “By every conceivable indicator, our army that now remains in Vietnam, is in a state approaching collapse. With individual units avoiding or having refused combat, murdering their officers and non-commissioned officers, drug ridden, dispirited, where they are not mutinous”.

It is always justified to refuse to serve in an unjust war. Remind yourself of the GI revolts. This was bigger than just a few "traitors."

10. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm going to assume you're saying this as a theatrical retort. Because the statement itself is just as inane as calling the Protesters "Traitors".

But yet its never justified to refuse rights to those who refused to aide the nation that provides them.... :eyebrow:

where I'm from we call that freeloading.