Was New York bomb the work of the Taliban?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Babe_Ruth, May 3, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

I dont think it was the Taliban, al-qaeda or any other reknown terrorist group. It is to amateurish and Im fairly sure it wont be long before the perpetrator is found and my guess is its a loner, quite possible a home grown disenfranchised citizen taken to the extreme, Im not even going to hazard a guess the motive, just that its someone who is most likely falling down.

3. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

I was thinking the same thing. Very amateurish. If I hazarded a guess it would be some sort of anarchist or young communist working alone or in a small group but that's just a wild-ass-guess.

4. SmilinSilhouette

SmilinSilhouette Registered Member

5. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

It seemed to amateurish to me as well although I wouldn't rule anything out. I'm just waiting for someone from The Huffington Post or Salon.com to blame talk radio or the Tea Party, those kinds of knee-jerk reactions always make me laugh.

6. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

Do I believe that the attempted bombing was the work of the Taliban, no. It just seemed to much like an amatur attempt at trying to make an impact. Though if it did turn out to be some sort of an attack by the Taliban I wouldn't be surprised.

7. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Read earlier today that the prime suspect was a "white man in his 40's," and under that was that neither al-Qaeda nor Taliban had anything to do with it.

8. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

As what has all ready been said, it was too amateurish for a terrorist, most likely just some nut that likes to see things go boom.

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

10. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

This could be a good sign. Maybe we've killed off all of the smart terrorist. Or perhaps its a sign that they're not nearly organized enough to carry out anything other than small isolated incidents.