Was Jesus endowed with ALL POWER?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by julio2, May 13, 2009.

1. julio2

julio2 Registered Member

When Jesus is said to have said “I have now ALL POWER IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH” [Matthew 28:18] he lied to his disciples, I contend.
    Sixty years later, John was complaining that it was the last hour and his church was plagued with MANY antichrists [1 John 2:18]!
    It wasn’t the last hour whatsoever – he lied.
    But there had been a day when there was only ONE antichrist in his church, when Jesus, with ALL POWER could have sorted him out!!
    John never believed that nonsense of “ALL POWER ON EARTH!”
    Nor do I!…

2. FutureTrackStar

FutureTrackStar Registered Member

- julio2, you really need to get your Bible knowledge straight. The antichrist hasn't come yet (I think). The antichrist is a part of END TIMES prophecy, not the times of Jesus at 30 AD.

3. julio2

julio2 Registered Member

Did you read 1 John 2:18?
    Here it is:
    1 John 2:18 "Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that the antichrist was coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. Thus we know this is the last hour."
    John was sure his church was filled to the brim with ANTICHRISTS, but he was also expecting THE Antichrist to come soon!!
    Well, he failed in his most important and prominent prophecy, thus turning himself into another FALSE one!
    Moral: there isn’t one true apostle anywhere in the NT!
    Take it or leave it.

4. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

[HIGHLIGHT][MOD POST] Keep this thread civil or I will close it down.[/HIGHLIGHT]

5. kcdad

kcdad Registered Member

Sorry... What Jesus is reported to have said is:
    `Given to me was all authority in heaven and on earth;
    It is neither exclusive nor proprietary.
    It is no different than you suggesting that all of the information on the internet is available to you.

We all have ALL AUTHORITY IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH... it has been given to all of us.

6. julio2

julio2 Registered Member

We “interpret” the Bible the way we see fit, like everybody else! If Jesus was not clear enough, we fix up what he was supposed to say. It is therefore religious dishonesty to pick up a Bible and build a theology to suit my own intentions.
    Well, religion is an innocent pastime between meals if nobody gets hurt.

7. kcdad

kcdad Registered Member

Yes. apparently you do. You intentionally muddy everything up because you don't like the idea of someone teaching you something...

...whatever.

8. julio2

julio2 Registered Member

You interpret the text the way you want or were taught.
    Jesus didn’t say “all power in heaven and on earth is given to me AND to you”!
    You interpreted it the way YOU wanted.
    Fine, if in that religious pastime between meals nobody gets hurt.

9. kcdad

kcdad Registered Member

No you are right. He said you will do more and greater things than I.

10. julio2

julio2 Registered Member

Sure, as i we were all blind! We have now TWO THOUSAND YEARS of religious barbarism and major conflicts with MILLIONS of innocent victims to exalt Jesus holy nature!! Come on!!! The disciples were all deceived losers. No disciple ever did anything worthy of applause! All LOSERS & liars!