• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Was George Bush "trigger happy?"

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
As you all probably know I don't know much about US Politics, but I often heard that he was "trigger happy" when he was the President of the US.

Now is that a false rumor or not?

I'll ask a second question since I don't want this thread to be just a short answer thread.

Was there any Presidents in the past that were "trigger happy?"

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I don't know if "trigger happy" is the appropriate term. I don't think he jumped the gun in going into Iraq so much as he and his administration exaggerated/held back/maybe even falsified the intelligence regarding Iraq's WMD program and the threat they posed. It appears the administration was hell-bent on going into Iraq and "trigger happy" implies they acted too soon. There is some evidence that may suggest that, after all they could have just let the inspectors keep looking, but I think it's a more of a case of just looking for a reason to go in.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I maybe should not speak to topics of the USA. In another not so friendly forum place I did this from an outsider view and then was turned into everyone to be very defensive of this.

But I agree to what CaptainObvious says for most part.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I maybe should not speak to topics of the USA. In another not so friendly forum place I did this from an outsider view and then was turned into everyone to be very defensive of this.

But I agree to what CaptainObvious says for most part.
Don't worry too much. Sure, sometimes people get a little bit worked up, but they're good people, and we're able to resolve things (and us moderators are pretty good about staying on top of any problems).

Trigger happy might not be the precise term, but I think it's close enough to describe the way Bush came across (hard to say for sure what he's really like without ever meeting him).