was anyone else offended by the up coming election

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16155356/site/newsweek/

the first black man vs. the first woman.
It's pretty ironic since neither a black president or a woman made it this far in the popular running. now they're running against each other, it creates a bit of an either or situation - "do want the first black president of the first female president".
I don't have a problem as far as physical attributes, as long as the person in office does their job. however i'm offended because the iorny in the running makes it seem like a joke. what were the chances the first man would run against the first woman before 07?

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Huh? Women have run for president before, as have numerous well known blacks, such as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. The fact that a pretty well known woman will be running against a pretty well known black man (as well as a half a dozen White male protestants) is purely chance.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I'mnot offended at all. WE could use some change around here. Although I"m not big on politics, I have overheard my cousins talking about how there's no competent successor to Bush yet.

I

indieinmich

I guess I don't understand your question.
Whats to be offended by?
Unless your sexist or a racist I don't see how having a more of choice in this up and coming election is bad thing or something to be upset by.

Turbo

Registered Member
I have no issue with Hilary Clinton running; but it's Mr. Obama I don't trust. My dad forwarded me the following about him:

Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black Muslim from Nyangoma-Kogel, Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white atheist from Wichita, Kansas. Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii.

When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced. His father returned to Kenya. His mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a radical Muslim from Indonesia. When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocated to Indonesia. Obama attended a Muslim school in Jakarta. He also spent two years in a Catholic school.

Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He is quick to point out that, “He was once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school.”

Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct influence over his son's education. Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama’s mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam. Osama was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta. Wahabism is the radical teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world.

Since it is politically expedient to be a Christian when seeking major public office in the United States, Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim background.

Let us all remain alert concerning Obama’s expected presidential candidacy.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Honestly I don't really care who wins. Although I do favor Hilary more... I also don't see why anyone should be offended, I'm not.

Hoosier_Daddy

Registered Member
Turbo, I'm surprised that you would so easily fall prey to this right wing rhetoric. Even if it were true that Obama was in fact a practicing Wahabist, that doesn't make him a radical simply because a faction of Wabists subscribe to a radical reformist idealism. If you'll do a little recreational reading on Sheikh Muhammad ibn Abd al Wahhab ibn Sulaiman ibn Ali ibn Muhammad ibn Ahmad ibn Rashid al Tamimi you'll see that his teachings are peaceful.

Hoosier.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Yeah, the Obama story is a complete hoax that's been disproven by all the major media outlets. The fact that he lived in Indonesia for a few years when he was a kid because his mom married an Indonesian should not affect how people view him.

I knew it was bullsh*t immediantly because I had read parts of Obama's autobiography, Dreams of My Father, and he obviously had a very normal experience in Indonesia (in fact, it was one of the few parts of his life that didn't profoundly affect him or his idenitity).

Kyo_Muramasa

Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n
Either way it would and will be a first for one of the things to happen. I'm not offended at all by it, more like excited. Plus anyway alot of crap is going to be pouring out of the media about the candidates anyway, so be prepared to hear alot of bullcrap about them both, it is to be expected ya know.