• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Was Adolf Hitler an evil man?

Was Adolf Hitler an evil man?

• Total voters

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A lot of people don't believe that Good and Evil truly exist. Which made me think of this thread.

Do you believe Adolph Hitler was an "Evil" human being?

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
Asked if Hitler was an evil man leaves me having to think. I do think Hitler supported some evil ideals, but then I think also, Hitler did not create the Nazi way of thinking, also I think during the many evils we think of Hitler for, most of the world, even the Catholic church supported Nazi/his views. It really was not until well after WW2 was underway the killings of Jews became such a condemning thing even though most of the world knew what was happening and said or did nothing.

I believe Hitler had evil tendencies and much support and belief in what he did in the name of the Nazi's, so yes, I would say Hitler was an evil man based on this, but he did not create it, nor was he alone in it.

Anyways, I vote a yes.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Age old discussion, and this example has always been used.

Is the USA evil for engaging Iraq in war? Was the United Kingdom evil for expanding its empire across the globe? I could go on, but I can't be bothered. The point is, there is no way to truly define good or evil because what's good and evil are subjective to the point of view of the individual. To say that "our" views of right and wrong are ultimately correct is to be self-absorbed and ignorant of anyone else's perspective. Everyone has different views. There can't be one supreme definition of good and evil.

So, no, Hitler wasn't evil. He was just doing what he thought was right, following his own beliefs and opinions without thought of others, and unafraid to go to any lengths to achieve his goals.

Evil, no. Ruthless, most likely.

Raos

Registered Member
I believe he absolutely was evil. Any person that thinks killing others because their have a different religion or different hair color or Ny other number of similar reasons is pure evil.

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
So, no, Hitler wasn't evil. He was just doing what he thought was right, following his own beliefs and opinions without thought of others, and unafraid to go to any lengths to achieve his goals.
If you refer to Mein Kampf, his autobiography, it's quite clear he believed that Jews were a social evil. He also believed in the superiority of the Aryan race and felt that interracial marriages were evil. In this sense he might be considered as being good by being the vanquisher of evil.

But that doesn't hold true in his conquest of nations. Unless you can say for certain that he believed that the merit for Germany lay in the loss of other nations; and he believed that the merit of Germany was more 'good' than the conquered nation's losses, you can't comment on the morality of his actions.

dDave

V.I.P.
If you refer to Mein Kampf, his autobiography, it's quite clear he believed that Jews were a social evil. He also believed in the superiority of the Aryan race and felt that interracial marriages were evil. In this sense he might be considered as being good by being the vanquisher of evil.
I was going to say that but rather than making the argument for him being good because of that I definitely say he is evil for that.

He was an extreme racist and it caused the deaths of millions of people.

It shouldn't even be an argument that he was evil.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
The man's responsible for the deaths of more than 3 million people. If that's not evil, I don't know what is...

dDave pretty much hit the nail on the head - it shouldn't even be an argument.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Aside from the fact that good and evil are subjective terms, Hitler was simply a man with prejudice and ambition and made it much further than most. He was a terrible person in my opinion, but once again since the terms are subjective I'm sure there will be variation.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Hey Chaos, Haven't seen you in a while!

I have to agree with Chaos their. I do not think of Hitler as genuinely evil because he thought he was doing good. He thought he was saving the world, which I would call a very noble cause. He just went about it in the wrong way. Murder to such the scale of WW2 and the Holocaust may be ruthless, but not evil.

When I think of evil I think of Saddam Hussein's sons. They went around raping and torturing people just to inflict terror and fear into their victims. Their intent was to hurt and destroy, not to save, as was hitlers'.

JaneSmith

Registered Member
I just happen to have an original copy of Mein Kampf, in German before it was censored. It's quite different in translation.
Hitler was brilliant. There's just something about genocide that most people don't have the gut for. Guess that's the drawbacks of the Industrial Revolution. Hunters understand thinning the herd when there is over population.
Hitler was only the messenger. Those concentration camp doctors were the bad guys who carried out horrible experiments, but without them we wouldn't have modern medicine. So... I don't think evil is a good discription. jmho.