Was 9/11 a conspiracy?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I posted this topic at Fusion Central and it got a lot of attention, so I decided to post it on these forums and get new people opinion on this.

Do you guys think 9/11 was a conspiracy?

If yes explain.

IF no explain.

Let's try to keep this civilize, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, even if you don't agree with them.

I have no opinion on the matter, even though i will be keeping my eye on this thread, but for those who say yes, please please PLEASE provide EVIDENCE that dosent sound like

"durka durka, gorge bush is stupid"

same with the people who disagree

nanite1018

Registered Member
No it was not a conspiracy. Why? Because if it was a conspiracy it was poorly planned and did little if anything for those in power. Any group that could pull it off would be able to capitalize on the event to a far greater extent than they have (they're about to all get kicked out of office with the country throwing parties about it). There is no evidence that I have seen that it was a conspiracy.

And if it was a conspiracy, if the government could pull that off and all the subsequent manipulation of people and events to maintain that illusion, I doubt we would even be able to have this conversation on an open forum without getting a visit from men in a black van.

Steerpike

Registered Member
I posted this topic at Fusion Central and it got a lot of attention, so I decided to post it on these forums and get new people opinion on this.

Do you guys think 9/11 was a conspiracy?

If yes explain.

IF no explain.

Let's try to keep this civilize, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, even if you don't agree with them.
It depends on how one defines conspiracy. Definitons from Mirriam Webster.

Main Entry: con·spir·a·cy
Pronunciation: \kən-ˈspir-ə-sē\ Function: noun Inflected Form(s): plural con·spir·a·cies Etymology: Middle English conspiracie, from Latin conspirare Date: 14th century 1: the act of conspiring together
Conspiring is defined as:
1 a: to join in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act or an act which becomes unlawful as a result of the secret agreement <accused of conspiring to overthrow the government>

It is clear that flying passenger airliners into buildings in the United States in which people are killed is unlawful.

The next point would be the nature of the agreement. Did those involved in hijacking those passenger airliners publicize their plans in advance or did they attempt to keep their plans secret until the time it was to be carried out?

The 9/11 hijackers did not publicize their plans in advance.

If the act commited was from secret agreement among those involved to do an unlawful act, then it was a conspiracy among those involved in the agreement and act. The act of flying passenger airliners into the World Trade Center in New York and the Pentagon in Washington D.C. were unlawful and carried out from secret agreement. Therefore, it was a conspiracy among those involved in the agreement and act.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
No.

How on gods green earth could they keep thousands of pilots, airtraffic controllers, firemen, police, FBI agents, EMT's, Citizens who witnessed it, survivors from the towers, congress, and the entire Bush administration to keep it secret?

The government can't even manage to round up 20 million illegals, what makes you think they can plan something like this perfectly without some tipster leaking it?

9/11 was not a conspiracy. Watch the videos, they look like planes to me.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with pro2A. I mean come on. Conspiracy's are more fun to talk about but in the end it would be impossible to keep this a secret this long.

The US government is NOT out to kill it's own people and blame it on a scape goat just to have an excuse to attack the Middle East. To propose such a theory is preposterous if you ask me.

And good point Mal. It was a conspiracy devised by Osama Bin Ladin and his followers...

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
How on gods green earth could they keep thousands of pilots, airtraffic controllers, firemen, police, FBI agents, EMT's, Citizens who witnessed it, survivors from the towers, congress, and the entire Bush administration to keep it secret?

Watch the videos, they look like planes to me.
I don't think anybody ever said 9/11 didn't happen or that planes didn't crash.

Do I think it was a conspiracy? No. But it's definitely possible that the Bush administration knew of the terrorist attack ahead of time and didn't do anything to stop it. And I wouldn't be all that surprised if they actually ASSISTED in the attack.