• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Warren Buffet Donates 37 BILLION Dollars

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
Well, when you rank in the top 100 richest people, you can make donations that big. I just wish he could have thrown a couple thousand dollars in my direction.

ronbasset

Hey Warren, Feel free to send some my way. man that is a lot of candy.

Ron Basset NYC

cautaro

One thing that I respect from what Mr. Buffet said is that he believes that money should not be inherited. Some reported asked him what did his kids do wrong in order to be pass on by the big money.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, I'm sure they will be getting some of it, but I think he wanted to make sure that most of it went towards causes that he felt were good. He still has 6 or 7 billion left after all.

Many years ago he said that he planned to do this because he felt that his kids should not get a free ticket to life, much like he has said recently.

Brandon77

Registered Member
I hate how so many people are against the rich. It seems every other politician wants to tax the bejeezus out of them, but when you stop and look at things, it is the rich who are the ones who are the most generous. Taxing the rich only limits the generosity of them, not give more money to the poor. The rich are rich because they are smart with money, not because other people are poor. The whole Robin Hood mentality of steal from the rich to help the poor is not economically profitable for anyone. Buffet should be commended for what he did. I don't remember the last time I heard of a middle class or poor person giving that much of their assets away.
------
I also like what Buffet did with his kids inheritance. A million dollars a piece. In his words "I gave them enough money so they could do anything, not do nothing".

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
There are plenty of "poor" people who are struggling to pay their bills that still donate to church and other charities. Saying rich people are more generous is ridiculous.