• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Warm up exercises?

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I need some tips and I am pretty sure many of you out there need to. What do you guys do because lifting?

I just do pole twist and a little bit of stretching and I feel like I need some more to add to the routine, any tips?

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Actually I never stretch. Probably not good but I really dont know too many people who lift who stretch before lifting...

Corona

Registered Member
I dont stretch either. The only thing like that that I do is before I bench I usually do 10-15 reps of the bar just to get loose.

Shwa

V.I.P.
I like to stretch, it feel slike I'm doing something good for my muscles. You can feel the burn when you're stretching, if you cant stay in a position for longer than 10 second or if you tend to move/adjust yourself then it shows your muscles are either too tight or hardly being used.

~Shwa'

Corona

Registered Member
Stretching after a workout decreases lactic acid buildup- so you dont get as sore.

I think at least.

But I like to be sore.

Shwa

V.I.P.
Stretching after a workout decreases lactic acid buildup- so you dont get as sore.

I think at least.

But I like to be sore.
I went to the gym yesterday with my boyfriend, I can tell you I'm feeling the burn in my chest and shoulder. I dont think I stretched afterwards but now I'm thinking I should have, lol.

~Shwa'

Nosferatu_Alucard

Undead Intellectual
Before I lift I jog/run for five minutes and they do a really good stretch out. Besides feeilng good, it can help you lift more, and reduce the chance of injury and time it takes to recover (basically, not as much soreness).