Wang's Performance Overshadows NBA Prospect Yi In Asian Games

K

Kidd

Many in the crowd, including scouts, came to watch an NBA prospect. What they saw instead was an outstanding performance by a guy who couldn't quite make it in the US.

Wang Zhizhi, who played for three NBA teams without much success, scored 28 points to lead China to a win over Qatar in the Asian Games basketball gold medal game Friday.

His play overshadowed that of Yi Jianlian, a teammate often dubbed the next Yao Ming. Yi, who had eight points and 15 rebounds, will be available for the NBA draft next June
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...e_overshadows_nba_prospect_yi_in_asian_games/

From what I heard, Yi is a special player.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
But Wang's already shown that he can't do very well in the NBA right? I'm pretty sure, the standards are quite different in CHina.

I want to see this Yi guy play, and I want to hear his name butchered:D

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yi is suppose to be a great player, he's a 7 foot tall and he's very atheletic, he's very explosive when he drives the net. He's also suppose to be a high pick in this years draft. I also agree with Oxy on the point he said about Wang, he got the chance to show what he has and he failed. Also the numbers that Yi put up aren't that bad either.