Walter Johnson official thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alright I'm going to start new topics of some of the greatest baseball players of all time.

So the first discussion will be about Walter Johnson who in my opinion is the greatest pitcher of all time. His record was 417-279, his lifetime ERA was at 2.17 which is outstanding and he had 3509 strikeouts. You also got to remember that Big Train played on some really bad teams, which makes him that more great in my book.

What a lot of people also forget is that Walter was a very good hitter, he hit .433 in 1925 and he has more career home runs then Nap Lajoie, Ty Cobb and Honus Wagner all considered of the games greatest hitters.

Now here's a few questions for you guys.

Where do you rank Walter Johnson on your greatest pitchers list?

What's your favorite story of Walter Johnson?

Also please tell me that you can about Walter.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I have Walter as my #1 SP all time, although it's not as dominant of a lead as I used to think.

BTW, Baseball-reference lists him as hitting a grand total of 24 HR in his career - much less than Cobb, Lajoie, or Wagner.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well I read on Wikipedia that Walter Johhson hit more home runs then those guys.

None the less, he was a great pitcher in my opinion, and if he pitched on a good team then I believe he would of be close to Cy Young in wins then he is right now, if he played with a better team then Senators. But getting those many wins proves how good of a pitcher he was, since he did play on a bad team.