• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wall Mural - Kids room

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
I've been having trouble deciding how to theme my kids' room because I have a boy and a girl and they share the room. Most things are too boyish for Chrysta and too girlish for Zak... They are both still scared of the dark, so Planets and night sky was right out!... So I put their bunkbeds back together and put Chrysta on top and Zak on the bottom.

Rooms theme is... *drum roll* Dragonflies/Sky and Froggies/Pond...

I bought some plain white jersey sheets that I am going to customize with stencils for each of them so that they fit the theme without spending a gazillion dollars. And I've started their wall mural... I just started this yesterday and have a LOOONG way to go. Hope to update often though :D

http://photobucket.com/albums/a48/thesinmin/Kids Room Progress/

"IN" the tree you'll see little hooks, Chrysta has a pet-net that hangs there and *SHOULD* look like a big bushy tree full of stuffed animals when its done and hung up :D

Last edited:

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Very interesting... I would like to see some pics of when its completed. I think it will look just stunning...

Wish I had time for projects like this

doubles2004

Registered Member
Very neat Iggy . I am Interested seeing the finish Good Luck Looks good

nani1987

Registered Member
that is cool man i wish i can paint my kids room but i don't own the house i am renting so i can't touch it... my son what starwars on his room other wants to paint it red........yuk........heck if i know why...........
iggy it starting to look great please post the pic when your done.........i also would love to see it too.......................great job and idea..........nani

Julie

Registered Member
It's lookin good so far! I can't wait to see more!

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Iggy........AWESOME!!! Need I say how much I love stuff like this??? Can I come over and help??? Now you got me wanting to do a new mural....hmmm, looking around my girls room.....maybe!!!! :D

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hey iggy looks like your off to a great start. [email protected]@ks real good.
Can't wait to see it finished.!! :D
I thought abought doing my sons room up like the Hall of Justice (JLA) or the Fortressof solitude.
Me I want to do the basement up like the Batcave. I even want to cut the floor in the hall closet out, so I can have my own Bat poles.!! :D :lol:
Quick call Monster House!!!!

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Ok so when your done how about coming here and doing my kids rooms? Or better yet why not come here and paint gene simmons all over my ceilng above my bed? LMAO

U did a great job girl!!! *sigh* If only I had some talent!

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
I do NOT have artistic talent... I copied those pics from some border I found... LOL I can't draw worth beans. Ok, I lied... I drew the tree :D And Im about to resort to stamps because Im already tired of having to erase the wall LOLOLOLOL

angelspeak said:
Iggy........AWESOME!!! Need I say how much I love stuff like this??? Can I come over and help??? Now you got me wanting to do a new mural....hmmm, looking around my girls room.....maybe!!!! :D
Oh dear god yes! Please fly, drive, take the train down and help!!! Seriously... cmon down, I'll cook ya dinner and you can paint! I bought all these cool paintbrushes and sponges and (basically all my money from the beatles albums is gone LOLOL) and some stencils...

Im haing serious issues with perspective and what else to put on the wall... So far we have a frog, one grasshopper, and three dragonflies and one enormous tree :D and ummm the rest is still white/eggshell.

I dont want butterflies, no ladybugs, I just want dragonflies. Im anti-otherbugs LOL

Ideas would be great here :D

Last edited:

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Okay, just a couple of thoughts if I were there with you (I like my steak medium rare) I would by a couple of bottles of blue acrylic, water them down and dip a wet rag in the paint, then I would take that rag and "wash" a sky on the walls and ceiling....instant ooomph!! :D I would also put tall blades of grass along the base of the walls. If you want to put leaves in the tree without painting them all individually, you can make a stamp out of a potato (I did this in a picket fence room before) or you can just sponge a big bushy look , like I did in the Winnie the Pooh room in this link..........
http://www.auctionsightings.com/showthread.php?t=1535&page=1
Your off to an awesome start, the room is going to look fantastic!