• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Walking Outside During Coronavirus

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Are you locked down right now? We are, but we’re told that hiking and going for walks is fine as long as the groups are those people in your immediate household and try to keep distance from others.

Even walking in our neighborhood feels like a ghost town with the occasional hello from somebody else who had the same idea. Normally we’d see people working on cars, doing yard work, and all that.

dDave

V.I.P.
My wife is recovering from a pretty severe ankle injury so hiking is out of the question. We have been able to take some really good walks recently though. It's been nice just to get outside and breathe some fresh air.

We are yet to run into anybody while walking, out neighbors seem to be pretty well locked down.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I haven't been out for almost a month now. Maybe if parks were still open, I'd go and walk there. Right now my "walking outside" is a few steps around my balcony, haha.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Rules have changed a lot since the start of lockdown. Before they won't even allow you to walk with people you live with (that's stupid), and then they moved to "just 1 other fam member" , and now I think it's OK. But one thing hasn't changed, we need a sworn statement each time we go out and indicate the purpose and time (there's a limit of 1 hr and as of last week, outdoor physical exercise isn't allowed in the region between 10am and 7pm)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
@ysabel, that’s crazy. But I guess they want only the regular exercisers out anyway. Those who get up early lol. Those people are usually healthier to begin with so it’s also less of a risk that they’ll catch it. Or at least they would ideally kick it quickly.

Also, can we talk about how accurate the similar threads section is for this thread right now? 🧟‍♂️

ED95B37F-A77D-4F41-BCEF-0FAEA8F37879.jpeg

☝😝

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I won't go for walks outside of the immediate area of my house. I'm too afraid I'll come across the virus on a surface or passerby. I do have a field next to my house that's appx. 2-3 acres that I go walk around in.

I also have an exercise bike that is seeing more use than ever before. I try to get in at least half an hour a day on it.

Speaking of things I haven't done yet today..

dDave

V.I.P.
It's been very cold and snowy for the past several days so no walking for us.

Too bad I don't have any good workout equipment at home. I'm going a little stir crazy! lol

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I haven’t but I really need to. I’ve been going to the gym at 4:30 am for about 4 years now, but since that’s closed, I haven’t done anything. I work from about 8-5 or 6, but I need to start getting some exercise again.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
We take the dogs for a walk basically every single day. So yeah, I'm outside all the time walking around. Not near people, obviously, but we make it a point to get out.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I made my six year old spend half an hour running around outside in the yard to kill off some of his pent up energy. He was really suffering with cabin fever today.