Wal-Mart still number one.

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by Doc, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Van likes this.

2. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Mirage likes this.
  3. EndWinterRomance

EndWinterRomance PREGGERS

starbucks looked like they were staying at the top a while back but they are actually losing customers to jamba juice and even grocery stores

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Starbucks is closing 2000 stores, too.

5. amjhdrummer

amjhdrummer It fell off.

I don't think wal-mart will drop. They're bound to eventually- but I think the next 10-15 yrs are theirs.

no, I haven't been shocked since I found out they were based in more places than the US.

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

It's not surprising and unless they experience a string of incredible scandals, I don't see them dropping off for several decades.

7. amjhdrummer

amjhdrummer It fell off.

Starbucks...bleh..

I can get better, cheaper coffee from my local coffee shop, plus there they actually take the time to talk to me and stuff. And one of the reg. workers who's shift is when I stop in- just got a big screen tv, and a gaming system, so start up, see how many gamers we can get from around town to hang out down there (he set it up in the basement)...it's gonna be sweet!...Maybe...outta like, 11 regular guys, i'm the only girl so far...

but yea, Starbucks is losing because their little trend time is over. Local coffee shops are the new 'in', and they'll (starbucks) will just have to deal with it. And die down. Hopefully.

8. bball4life

bball4life Alfred :: Gotham Hero

i think walmart will always be on top. i read that in 2005 they made at least $20,000 a minute all year long. that was 2005, imagine how much they make per minute now.

9. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

If everyone who shops there would watch the documentary "Wal Mart: The High Cost of Low Prices" they sure would experience a string of scandals and they'd drop like a lead balloon.

10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I've seen plenty of documentaries on Wal Mart and their shady business but it would require worldwide outrage to shut them down and it just would not happen.

South Park did a pretty good episode on Wal Mart in which the underlying message was that it doesn't if it's Wal Mart or not, stores can become quite massive.