Waking up tired if sleeping more?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by EllyDicious, Jun 19, 2010.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Lately I've noticed that I wake up very tired if I sleep more.
    For example, this last month I've gone to sleep at around 2am and woken up at 5am and surprisingly it hasn't been much difficult for me to wake up immediately.

The past 3-4 days[including today] I hardly could wake up at 6am because I've gone to sleep at 10.30pm/11.pm and also haven't had a high efficiency during my day.

I don't want to think that sleeping 3 hours is healthier than sleeping 7 hours.

But maybe my body is too tired and it requires more sleep from now on??

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Your body is definitely more tired. You should be in a routine where you go to bed at the same time and wake up at each time. It's not good for you to go to bed at 2am and wake up at 5am. You definitely don't want your body getting used to that.

A few years ago I'd stay up until 5am every single day and then get up at 11am. It caught up with me so much that I once went to bed at 8pm and woke up at 1pm! I had to force myself to get out of bed at 1pm because I woke up feeling really tired and knew I would have been able to sleep for even longer.

3. EllyDicious

I've been following this shitty routine now that I'm having exams.
    At normal days, I go to sleep around 1am and wake up at 9am.
    Other days [when on holidays] I go to sleep around 5am and wake up at 10am ..
    But I think the ideal time to go to bed [for me ] is 11pm and wake up at 7-8am.

4. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I agree with your last sentence. I try and go to bed on week days at 10pm and I wake up at 6am. When I stuck to this routine I felt absolutely fine but when I went to bed later and woke up at 6am I'd be yawning all day long at work.
    Maybe the stress of your exams is a bit of a problem in your sleeping pattern. Do you feel stressed over them?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  5. EllyDicious

I do feel stressed but that doesn't keep me from sleeping well when I go to sleep [no matter when].
    I do 3 hours of sleep because I have no time to sleep more [given that I study for 2 exams at the same time].
    But when I go to sleep, thankfully I sleep well.

So I can't say stress is the reason for not sleeping much/well.
    It's the lack of time.

6. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Stop drinking so much coffee and red bull too! I saw you mention that in another thread. It can't be helping. Maybe that's the reason you wake up after three hours so easily.

7. fractal

fractal Eye see what you did ther

Yeah, if you sleep longer you wake up feeling tired.

8. EllyDicious

I know, but if I stop drinking them, I'll fall asleep at an earlier time and won't have time to finish the study-plan of the day.
    At least, they help me stay awake later and also help me wake up earlier so that I am able to accomplish my plan.

p.s. I never drink those during my normal days. They're not even my favorite drinks. I just have to drink them nowadays.
    ------
    Care to give at least 1 argument?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I just think you might end up regretting all this because when it's over you might find it hard to return back to your usual sleeping pattern. If you are still feeling tired then the drinks are obviously not working. Are you still drinking lots of water too?

10. EllyDicious

No. Since I started drinking those two, water is not part of my drinking routine because it diminishes the effect of those drinks.

In my normal days I drink LOTS of water, though.