Waiting on Feedback

karenlyn

Registered Member
My other post on feedback made me think of this. Some sellers/buyers seems to wait to leave feedback until they see what you've left for them. Do you ever do this? Does this bother you?

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
I leave feedback as soon as a buyer pays for an item. and when I buy something, I leave feedback as soon as I get the item. doesn't bother me when other people don't do that though. hehe :cool:

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi all.

Yes, if I'm selling something I put a note in my auction that states that feedback will be left for them after they leave mine. Doesn't matter if it's +or -. I will leave them + as long as they complied with the auction rules and meet their part.

Now when I buy I will leave the feedback as soon as my item arrives and I look it over.

Due to the recent rash of feedback extortion I have had to go this route.
I miss the old days of eBay.

Melos

Registered Member
When I was active on Ebay, I would only leave feedback - appropriate feedback, not retalitory - after feedback was left for me. It was the only way, sometimes, that I knew if the transaction was completed satisfactorialy.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
After having several feedback hostage situations, I no longer leave feedback first as the buyer. I think the seller should leave feedback right away if the buyer pays in time. I'd just as soon not get any feedback at all than risk somebody trying to give me a negative.

As the buyer, I won't leave feedback until I receive the item and it is as described.

Penguin

Registered Member
I leave feedback as soon as I receive payment, if I'm selling... and I leave feedback after I get the item when buying.

karenlyn

Registered Member
Andrew, your method is the same as mine. The thing is, the buyer generally has the seller by the balls (excuse the expression :D ) until the buyer receives the item and leaves feedback. As the buyer, it's simpler.

technoflutemom

Registered Member
I use to leave feedback as soon as a buyer paid, but it leaves you with no bargaining chip. Feedback is for use when the transaction is completed. That doesn't happen just because someone pays.

Now, I feel the transaction isn't complete until the buyer has been satisfied.

They let me know they are satisfied through feedback, which I then reciprocate.

Penguin

Registered Member
Hm. I hadn't thought of it that way, but I see what you mean. I don't do a lot of selling, but when I do, perhaps I should wait just a little bit before giving feedback.

I use to leave feedback as soon as a buyer paid, but it leaves you with no bargaining chip. Feedback is for use when the transaction is completed. That doesn't happen just because someone pays.

Now, I feel the transaction isn't complete until the buyer has been satisfied.

They let me know they are satisfied through feedback, which I then reciprocate.