• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Waiter, there's a fly in my soup

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
If you're eating out and the food you get isn't exactly what you asked for do you kick up a stink?
Do you get the waiter/ress to take it back and bollock the chef?
Do you demand a free meal?
Do you gripe over the smallest thing like such and such isn't cooked to the exacting standard you desired?
Do you just eat it if its adequate?

Myself - I generally don't care what state the food is in so long as it is actually the food I asked for and isn't frozen or burnt to a crisp or covered in cowpats or something... I will often not care if it isn't quite warm enough either.
If it's mega crap to the point it's inedible or just revolting in general I won't complain not even then. I will just leave and never return--

What do you do?

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Its according to how bad it is. If there was a bug in it I would send it back in a flash. I will also do the same with undercooked food. I was served french fries that were not done, not near and I sent them back. I have also received food that wasn't great but didn't complain just never went back for more.

dDave

V.I.P.
Bugs land on my food all the time at home, honestly it's not a big deal. Obviously I don't eat them, I just pick them out and call it good.

Hair in food really bothers me (especially when it's cooked in) luckily that has never happened at a restaurant before.

I would definitely send food back if it was way overcooked or undercooked, that's gross.

I try to be as nice as possible at a restaurant even if there is a problem. I know it's not the servers fault so I try to go easy on them.

Bliss

Sally Twit
If the food isn't what I ordered then I'll definitely send it back and ask for the correct dish.

If the presentation is poor, or it doesn't taste nice I'll just suck it up. I get embarrassed about causing a fuss, so I'd rather just suffer in silence. However, if it isn't cooked properly or is cold I would ask for my money back. I wouldn't want to eat in a place like that.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I will send it back if there is a bug or hair in it. I will send it back if it's not what I ordered. However, I will be polite and probably make jokes while doing it. I don't demand a free meal out of it.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I hate people that make a fuss over tiny things but a foreign invader like a bug or hair? Yeah I can't say I would complain about someone who would want new food. If something is blatantly wrong, like my meat being cooked way different than asked (rare instead of medium or charred like a brick) then I would send it back. I'm always really polite at restaurants so I try to make it clear that I'm not trying to be difficult.

It angers the hell out of me to see people trying to get free food.

Iris

rainbow 11!
If you're eating out and the food you get isn't exactly what you asked for do you kick up a stink?

Yes, but I wouldn't call it kicking up a stink. I'm very polite about it and understand that it is not the waiter's fault. nor do I harbor any negative feelings for the cook.

Do you get the waiter/ress to take it back and bollock the chef?

sure, i'll get them to take it back... but I don't have them yell at the chef or anything. I just say whatever is wrong with my meal and ask for something else or them to make it again. if it's undercooked, not what I ordered, they added something they weren't supposed to, blah blah.

Do you demand a free meal?

nope. I'd appreciate it like every one else, but I wouldn't demand anything.

Do you gripe over the smallest thing like such and such isn't cooked to the exacting standard you desired?

Nah. as long as nothing is over or undercooked, i'm good. and i typically like things cooked very well, so unless it is burnt or on fire, I will probably like it.

Do you just eat it if its adequate?

yep. I just probably won't go back or order that particular item again.