• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Waffles Vs. Pancakes

which one?

• Total voters

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I searched and couldnt find this one. Kinda surprise it hadnt already been made!

So here it is... I'm making breakfast right now and no one wanted Pancakes yet everyone wanted Waffles?!?! They are essentially the same thing just in different forms, so in the battle of the breakfast bread who wins?

Waffles or Pancakes?

fragile

Registered Member
I don't think they're the same thing at all. But you might make them in a different way than we do.
Everybody seem to love pancakes, but I never really cared for them. Grandma's waffles on the other side....yum!

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Pancakes. No particular reason. Like you said they are the same except the shape? Maybe I'm a round person. :lol:

Malificus

Likes snow
they're different though.

Pancakes are generally denser while waffles are generally light with a crisp exterior.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
WAFFLES! Waffles are the ultimate mixin food. You can put fruit, icecream, anything you want and still be god. Pancakes only got butter and syrup.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
Waffles!!!! Most definitely. I like the crispness better than the cakey texture of pancakes.

You really like starting food threads don't you?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
They are made from the same batter! Its like saying Water and Ice are different, lmao they are the same except for their physical appearance!

I personally enjoy Waffles more myself, mainly because I get to use the waffle iron which is more fun then frying the batter to make the pancakes.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
lmao... yes it is....

I've made both on several occasions... and I use the same exact batter recipe for both.....

Malificus

Likes snow
They are made from the same batter! Its like saying Water and Ice are different, lmao they are the same except for their physical appearance!
No, waffles are crisper than pancakes, even if they have the same batter, than preparation distinguishes them, like toast and bread.