Wade Injured as Heat Fall to Rockets

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
HOUSTON, Feb. 22 (AP) -- Just when the Miami Heat were getting back on track, they may have lost the person they can least afford to be without.

Dwyane Wade dislocated his left shoulder late in Miami's 112-102 loss to the Houston Rockets on Wednesday night, though the extent of his injury is not yet known.

With Shaquille O'Neal finally healthy and Pat Riley back on the bench, the Heat seemed poised to shake off their early struggles and surge in the second half of the season.
http://www.nba.com/games/20070221/MIAHOU/recap.html

Im really scared now, a dislocated shoulder too a player like Wade is very bad he's always attacking the basket and getting contact. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
WOW!! The Miami Heat organization must be holding their breath and hope he'll be alright. I didn't see the play so I can't really comment on it. But whenever a player dislocates a shoulder it's not a good sign. It seems that the Heat can't catch a break this season. Hopefully he's not out for too long.

B

bballinyao06

I read in the Miami Herald today that he's considering whether to have season-ending surgery or whether to do rehab and come back in like 6 months and try to make a run for the playoffs and have the surgery after but then, he wouldn't be able to fulfill his summer commitment for Team USA.

In my opinion, he should just have the surgery now instead of later, the team isn't doing that well and there's always next year. He should put his health first before the team because if he's not 100% healthy to play, the Heat wouldn't be able to win games anyway. Plus, the type of game that Wade plays: driving hard to the basket and getting hit, his shoulder would probably get worse if he doesn't have the surgery now. Me being a Heat fan, it sucks to be in this position and having to say that your team leader is injured and possibly out for the season. But for the long term, I think Wade needs to do what's best for him and for the team's future.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I personally think he should get surgery, yes it will really hurt the chances of the Heat of making the playoffs, and repeating has NBA champions, but the Heat organization has to make sure that he gets fully healed and be ready for next season. Hopefully he makes the right decision, because this can affect him in the long run.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Six months? He's going to miss the playoffs, if not the whole season anyway if it's going to be 6 months. Miami's threat just became a lot smaller to the Eastern conference.

I think he would've missed the rest of the season anyway from hearing the commentator.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
25th February, 2007 - 6:32 pmMiami Herald -
Dwyane Wade is seeking a second opinion for his injured shoulder.

He will either have season-ending surgery or will rehabilitate the shoulder in hopes to return.

Pat Riley said the team ''encouraged'' Wade to collect more information.

"He's sore. He's all strapped in," said Riley, who spoke with Wade for about 10 minutes by telephone Saturday night. ``We had a good conversation.''

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/44887/20070225/heat_encourage_wade_to_get_second_opinion/

B

bballinyao06

Even though I'm a huge Heat fan and I want to see them try and go for a repeat, I think that Wade should just have the surgery. If he just rehabilitates his shoulder and comes back without having the surgery, his shoulder might just get dislocated again and it'll set him back even more... Might as well do it now and get it out of the way... There's always next year to make another run for the championship...