Wade and Payton miss practice

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sports Illustrated - Miami was without guards Dwayne Wade and Gary Payton for practice on Monday due to illness, the Associated Press is reporting.

According to head coach Pat Riley, both should be fine.

Wade is still suffering the effects of the flu virus which has affected him since prior to Game 6 in the series against the Pistons, while Payton is suffering from a migraine headache.

Riley also added that no other member of the Heat is suffering from any effects from the flu besides Wade.

T

ThaGeNeCySt

Wade and Payton better be geared up for Thursday... glad to hear the rest of the team is ok though... who u got winning this series?

S

scottmcgrady

Without Wade this could be over quickly. He has been unstoppable in the Playoffs but i doubt that he will miss a game, his first Finals and Wade is a warrior. Payton will hopefully get better soon because he is a solid ball handler and a good back up point guard. I hope they get better because i want Miami to take a championship back home, to Miami. Get Better Wade and Payton!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's no way either of them are going to miss a game, like you said McGrady it's Wade first finals and he doesn't want to miss that. Also Payton been playing for 16 years now and he's been dying for a championship ring, and he's been close twice once with the Super Sonics and the other with the Lakers, he's not going to miss this oppurtunity.

S

scottmcgrady

Wade is the first in the 2003 draft to make it to the Finals, always an amazing accomplishment considering the players who came out of that draft. Payton has been so unlucky and he will want this one more than any other because he has missed so many opportunities. I hope the Heat will come out strong and play the way they have been in the playoffs up until now. Wade would not miss a game unless it was medically proven that he should rest.

A

aicrossover7

Actually Darko made it from the '03 draft to the finals......technically speaking

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I was going to say the same thing about Darko being the first one to make it to the finals. But I just read that Wade will be fine and he'll probably play Game 1 of the finals, he wouldn't miss this except like you said, if he was forced to sit down.

M

mattdavies_03

Darko and Luke Walton were the first to make the finals, but since them, its been nobody, and this finals series, there is Dwyane Wade, Josh Howard,Jason Kapono, Marquis Daniels and Udonis Haslem(although these guys were undrafted. So, no, Wade isnt the first to make it

A

air jordan

Yeah i saw that on ESPN i hope Wade and Payton will be ready for thursday night cause if there not i know there team will cause again on ESPN they showed Walker taking mid court shots and threes

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
SI.com - Dwyane Wade is hurting as the NBA Finals approach, still suffering from a sinus infection that's bothered him for several days. He insists that he'll be ready when the NBA finals between the Heat and the Dallas Mavericks open Thursday night.

"Feeling better. Finally trying to get this virus out of me," Wade said, his voice sounding much huskier than usual because of the illness. "It's something that I've got to deal with. Decided to get back out there and get my conditioning going today and a little bit tomorrow, also, before the game."

"It kind of shut me down the next day totally," Wade said. "Yeah, I probably came back and tried to do too much, too early. But, I mean, that's what I'm going to do.