Wacom Cintiq 21UX: 21-Inch Interactive Graphic Tablet/Screen

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Mirage, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I've been doing some research on different design tools lately and have been hearing incredible things about this beauty:

Cintiq 21UX Product Information

Has anybody here ever used one before? I've been using PhotoShop for years and never really looked into things like this but lately they have come down a lot in price.

Granted $2,499 is QUITE expensive for a 21 inch widescreen LCD monitor, but keep in mind that is has 1,024 levels of touch screen sensitivity for the ultimate in digital shading and art creation. I doubt it would be hard to make back the investment.

It seems to me that anybody with one of these would be unstoppable in the design industry.

So, anyone have any thoughts on these? Positive and negative opinions are both welcome.

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

All I can say, is that I want one.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Would make this kind of stuff so much easier:

YouTube - GHOST WHISPERER - Speed Painting by Nexx

(Still quite difficult but I'm sure this artist used something like this, if not this exact monitor to make that image)

This monitor came out in early 2005 though so even if I did decide to get one I'm not sure I wouldn't hold out and see if a new model comes out soon. Wacom doesn't announce anything regarding new products so it's a blind waiting game.. :(