• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

VS

Merricles

Registered Member
Alright, so in comics as we all know there are times when companies have crossovers when a hero fights another hero or villian. Seems the whole "marvel vs dc" threat kinda failed for rules. I like the idea of a "VS" thread, so here I am making one. So, the idea is this. It is not limited to Marvel and DC, as there are several great properties out there. Pick 1 character from one universe and 1 from another. The only rule is they have to be able to hold their own against each other. Obviously Batman isn't going to take out Galactus. After one person states a fight they would like to see, the NEXT post from another member will be who they think would win and why. After their conclusion, they will choose a fight and the chain will continue. This way, we only deal with 1 fight at a time. I will start.

I would like to see Hulk take on Doomsday. Who would win this fight and why?

Wade8813

Registered Member

I found a thread on Comicvine about if Batman knew a year in advance that Galactus was coming, who would win? A lot of people seemed to honestly think Batman would.

It's hard to say in Hulk VS Doomsday, because there are so many different versions of Hulk, and a couple different versions of Doomsday. If you use the strongest versions of each, I believe it would actually be impossible for either to win. But I'm pretty sure if Doomsday went against almost any other version of Hulk, Hulk would be toast. (It's kinda weird, I've heard that every time Doomsday is beaten he's supposed to evolve and come back better, but somehow when Superman fought him, it actually made him weaker).

Elektra VS Lady Shiva

Merricles

Registered Member
(It's kinda weird, I've heard that every time Doomsday is beaten he's supposed to evolve and come back better, but somehow when Superman fought him, it actually made him weaker).

When Doomsday is 'killed' one way, he is suppose to evolve and return unable to die the same way again. Such as you drain all his blood and he dies, his body evolves to survive without blood. I think they kinda ruined Doomsday myself, with all the ways they have changed him. He's not as 'scary' as he used to be when they bring him around.
------
Elektra VS Lady Shiva

I think this would be Elektra hands down. One on one, it would be something to see. Elektra has a lot more backing that Lady I think though, and although Lady has her fair share of backing, Elektras is more willing to be dirty I think. Provided you could take that out of the equation, I would still give it to Elektra as she has some limited telekinetic powers which could work well in her favor. If it weren't for that, I would go with Lady Shiva all day long. I feel she is a superior fighter in just hand-to-hand.

Scarecrow VS Mister Fear

Last edited:

Wade8813

Registered Member
When Doomsday is 'killed' one way, he is suppose to evolve and return unable to die the same way again. Such as you drain all his blood and he dies, his body evolves to survive without blood. I think they kinda ruined Doomsday myself, with all the ways they have changed him. He's not as 'scary' as he used to be when they bring him around.
Yeah, I know. But for some reason when he and Superman killed each other, he came back basically the same, but gained the ability to fear which made him just a bit slower.

I think this would be Elektra hands down. One on one, it would be something to see. Elektra has a lot more backing that Lady I think though, and although Lady has her fair share of backing, Elektras is more willing to be dirty I think. Provided you could take that out of the equation, I would still give it to Elektra as she has some limited telekinetic powers which could work well in her favor. If it weren't for that, I would go with Lady Shiva all day long. I feel she is a superior fighter in just hand-to-hand.
I'm not sure the extent of Elektra's psy powers. I've heard it speculated that the TK may actually just be an illusion that she creates when she mesmerizes someone.

Scarecrow VS Mister Fear
I don't know much about Mister Fear, but from what I know, I'd have to side with Scarecrow. Mister Fear is a better combatant, but it probably wouldn't come down to that. They'd probably spray each other with their fear gas, but since Scarecrow likes being scared, I don't think it would affect him much.

Steel VS Colossus.

Merricles

Registered Member
Steel VS Colossus.

Initially I thought this is no contest. However, I left X-Men in the late 90's and Superman around '03. So, I had to go back and read some a bit on each. Steel just recently got his @$$ handed to him by our formentioned Doomsday, but I read that he has some type of way to immobalize people temporarly. So, provided he could get a lucky shot in Peters eye or in his open mouth, I think John would win. In a slug fest, Peter would take him though. Since John has his suit though, I think he would be able to 'techno out' Peter and come out on top. I think the better match would have been Iron Man VS Steel. I know it was done in Marvel VS DC back when, but times have changed.

Next up:

Marvel Zombies VS Black Lantern Corps