Voodoo

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by troubl3dmind, Aug 16, 2008.

1. troubl3dmind

troubl3dmind Registered Member

Do you guys believe in voodoo?

I've heard many strange stories about hexes and voodoo dolls, you guys believe in it? Do you think it "works"?

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Not in the slightest. I think it's a crock of shit, just a way to make money off naive people.

3. troubl3dmind

lol how do they make money?

4. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

It's real enough. The thing with Voodoo is you have to believe in it for the things to work. You don't need to believe in it 100% just a tiny fraction is enough. I met a Bocour a while back and she was the real deal. She showed me and did stuff that no fake could have known or done.

I have been fascinated with all aspects of metaphysics and have looked at Voodoo several times.

Voodoo is a more primitive form of Black magic and Druidism mixed together with a small touch of Christianity.

Voodoo is not something you play with. It's best to just leave it alone.

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Some people consider Voodoo "New Age" but seriously it's been around forever. It originated in Africa and is now also common in South America and Asia, but is also growing in popularity worldwide.

Go to Africa and see if you can find a tribal voodoo witch doctor. It's scary stuff and is not to be messed with. There is a reason enemy tribes fear these people and it's not because they pull rabbits from hats.

6. troubl3dmind

I've always been fascinated with religions in the sense that if you really believe in them they seem to work. If you believe in miracles then some things that happen you view them as miracles. The thing about voodoo is all of the rituals are very elaborate with certain colors, foods, and on certain days of the week. It also says that voodoo rituals are almost always in the form of a possession. This makes me think that it really does "work", you know?

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well Voodoo as you might have seen it in America is much different than the real deal. There are many variations of voodoo, however in Africa and other areas of the world it's more than just a creepy doll or statue to keep on your shelf, or a cool tattoo on your arm. They sacrifice animals, put animal heads on sticks, drink blood, and in some cases human sacrifice in their rituals. Voodoo in it's true form would be very illegal in most if not all civilized countries today.

BBC News | UK | Voodoo 'practised in UK'

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

My bad, I was thinking of psychics for some reason. :oops:

9. SunflowerSmiley

SunflowerSmiley Registered Member

Too true.

Personally I don't hold much stock in the supernatural.