Voices spinoff: Good or Bad Accents

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by Jeanie, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Have you ever been attracted to someone or not because of their accent?

I found Matt Damon's accent in The Departed to be very sexy.

On the other hand I'd think twice about dating someone who pronounces "car" with two syllables. Call me a snob but it's true. oh wait, some of you already have... :D

2. Corona

Corona Registered Member

One of my teachers had a speak from Latvia come in. She was already pretty, but the accent made sure that all the men in the class paid rapt attention to her little speech.

3. ComicFitz

ComicFitz Registered Member

I was attracted to this girl, Maria, and when she opened her mouth she became even more attractive. She is :smokin: and everytime she talks I :drool: She's Russian and her accent is amazing. When we first met it was infront of a bar and there were motorcycles out front, the first thing she said was "look at all those motorcycles". She said "motorcycles" like Fabienne (Maria de Medeiros) in Pulp Fiction, you know Butch's (Bruce Willis) girlfriend.

FABIENNE
    Whose motorcycle is this?
    BUTCH
    It's a chopper, baby.
    FABIENNE
    Whose chopper is this?
    BUTCH
    Zed's.
    FABIENNE
    Who's Zed?
    BUTCH
    Zed's dead, baby, Zed's dead.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Movies: I don't like McGregor's (scottish?) accent. It's not attractive to me. However, Jude Law's English accent makes him look prettier (yes, he's a pretty boy). One actor who doesn't really look that good but can be handsome because of his wonderful voice is Alan Rickman.

RL: Italian accents (with gestures, lol) get me most of the time. For American accents, I prefer those that don't sound wang wang to me. Hard to describe really. I have to tell you by phone.

5. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Accents get me, real bad. If you're an attractive girl and you almost any accent at all I'm a puppy begging. Not much for Southern American accents (like Texas...etc) but russian, french, scottish, man oh man.

6. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

Scottish and Irish accents do it for me.
    Unattractive accent in my eyes (or should I say, to my ears) is South African.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

*cough cough*

:lol:

But then you might have the wang wang voice....

8. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

holy cow, you should hear ysabel say "sui generis"

:D

ysabel likes this.
  9. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Scottish, Irish, French, Russian, German, any of those will get me going. Ask Rachel, I had her whisper random stuff in my ear in French. lol

Yes, accents can be very sexy.

10. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

YEah I'm scared to ~_~ that might not end well

And ysabel ask Jeanie or Himeko if I have a "wang wang" voice whatever that means lol. I don't sound like a banjo if thats what you're referring too.