Voice Acting & Acting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well, I doubt any of you know about my attempts to get into acting, as it was several years ago, but anyway I am getting back into it now and have sigend up for lessons a few nights a week for both acting and voice acting. The classes already started, and seem pretty good so far. Lots of good contacts to meet too.

I will be setting up a website soon when I have a portfolio of some sort to show.

Just another "cookie jar" (as NightSurfer puts it) that I have my hands in. :)

2. Bunny_roses

Bunny_roses what? no pink?

what exactly is voice acting?

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well, the most popular types you have heard are:

Cartoons
    Radio Commercials (and some TV)
    Movie Trailers (the voiceover)
    Documentary Films
    Books on Tape

The voices that you hear in these types of things are done by actors or "voice actors." :)

4. Bunny_roses

Bunny_roses what? no pink?

oh okey, I have heard of voice overs and was wondering if it was the same thing : ) cool thanks! :)

5. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

I'm into acting.
    Let me rephrase - I live and breathe theatre and love to act more than anything else. The most amazing experience of my life has probably been opening night of A Midsummer Night's Dream.

I am but a high school Junior now, but I hope to make a career in stage acting [[ tried screen. didn't like it. ]] as I get older. I have been to small conservatories and been in plays and I hope to learn to sing, too.

Roles I would love to play:
    Eponine - Les Miserables
    Mrs Lovett - Sweeney Todd
    Toby - Sweeney Todd
    Puck - Midsummer [[ again, I know ]]
    Beatrice - Much Ado About Nothing
    Penny - Hairspray
    Nessa - Wicked
    Lucy - Jekyll & Hyde

... I'm going to stop here before I get too far-fetched.