VM max character limit

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Chaos, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

So, I personally feel that the 300 character maximum limit on visitor messages is really annoying.

Is there a specific reason that this is so? Because I'd really like to see it removed, or even just made a little bigger. :dunno:

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I personally don't see it as a big deal, why don't you just send a private message if you know it's going to be longer then 300 characters?

I would understand if there wasn't another way to communicate with someone, but there is.

3. Chaos

Well by that logic why not just remove PMs altogether? 300 characters is pretty pathetic when it comes to messages. :dunno: Plus some people have PMs disabled.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  4. Babe_Ruth

Where did you get removing all the PM's altogether by my post?

All I said is that we have two ways to communicate with members, and that I don't see any issues with the character limit when you post a visitor message because of it

Some people have visitor messages disabled as well.

Also I don't see the big issue here, because it's been quite some time that we have the visitor message option and this is our first complaint about it.

Hopefully your not thinking I'm an ass by posting this, but I just don't see the need that's all.

5. Chaos

Oops, I meant "remove VMs altogether". :hah: I'm tired and not really concentrating.

I just know that there have been many, many occasions where I've had to trim posts and even make multiple posts because of the limit, and on another forum I'm on there are no limits that I've come across and it works fine, so I'm just wondering why we can't do the same here is all. :dunno:

(And lol no I don't think you're an ass. :hah: <3)

6. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I agree. Sometimes I like to message Nix and call her a poo poo face but it won't allow me too. PM's take more clicks of the mouse than VM's. Remove the limit!

7. Babe_Ruth

How does that break the character limit?

No not really, go to a thread that someone replied to, click on his name, a window appears click on Send Private Message and it brings you there.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

You're so difficult, BR lawl. Do you hate VM's just as much as you hate sub-talk? :p

9. Babe_Ruth

Sorry if I'm being difficult, the thing is that Visitor Message is there to leave short messages, that's why there's a small character limit.

I don't hate the visitor message option, I quite like it actually.

10. Chaos

Question: is there an actual reason for having such a short limit? I'm not saying we should remove the limit, that would be silly. Just extending that limit seems like a good idea since it works great on other forums.