• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

VLC is now available for iPhone

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
It's amazing because I don't have to convert videos any more and it can play all formats. It can't play High Quality videos well but that's only expected since the processor wasn't designed for that in the first place.

It's available through Installous if you've jailbroken your iPhone or you can install it through the App Store. Give it a shot! I've tested it on my iPod Touch 4th generation but it works on the iPhone 4 as well.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
Yes, VLC is wonderful. It really does play it all, including cache files and stuff. That's what I use it for, plus it opens multiple ones.

fractal

It's not available on the Apple Store any more, but if you have a jailbroken device, then you naturally have Cydia. Install Installous by adding the source cydia.hackulo.us. Here are the instructions: How to Install Installous on your iPhone/iTouch | eHow.com

Once you do that, try to search for VLC. You'll get a few apps, but you should be able to tell which one quite easily. If it's not there in Installous, it will be there in Cydia.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Damn I wish this was available on the HTC Android phone as well.

fractal

That's the funny thing. I can't find it for the Android. Anyway, have you used AppPlanet? It's like the Installous for Android: Applanet

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Hmm, I don't get it, I just went to the site for this 'AppPlanet' and it looks basically like the Android Market. Is it just the same as the market to browse through apps?

fractal

No, you also get paid apps for free because they are cracked. Before someone thinks that I'm advocating piracy, there are a lot of free apps on that too, so there. Install AppPlanet Crouton. It may not work if you click on the link through the phone, so install a QR code reader, and read the QR code on the website. It will ask you to register after/before that and you're basically done. It's an excellent site where you get so many good apps. They don't call themselves the Installous of Android for no reason.