Vitamin Intake

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by EllyDicious, Nov 24, 2009.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I've heard from my friends that when you take extra vitamin through pills[multivitamin], you gain weight. [without having the desire to eat].

i have a lack of vitamins in my body and i need to take some extra pills?
    will i gain weight? have you tried this?

i know that vitamin increases the desire to eat, but not to gain weight automatically even when you restrain yourself from eating.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I take a multivitamin everyday. I've never heard of it causing increased appetite or gaining weight.

3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm allergic to some citric acid compounds, so I take vitamin c regularly. The doc said I didn't have to, but that it would be a good idea to.

I can't say I have ever heard of anyong getting fat off of multi-vitamins. Maybe their weight increased because of bone density increase or something.

4. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

No, you do not gain weight, unless the vitamins are specific to just that...

Average vitamins are the norm.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Yeah, I've never heard of gaining weight from vitamins before. :S

It doesn't seem logical but meh. I take iron supplements because I'm naturally low on them, but that's about it. I used to take all kinds of vitamins but stopped a little while ago. No reason really.

6. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Um, that's not really possible as vitamins have no calories. The only way to gain weight is for your caloric intake to exceed your energy output.

7. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

another question would be, is it ok if i take oil fish again (which has vitamin D) and take calcium tablets on the other side?[plus the vitamin intake]
    a doctor told me it's not ok to take all of them in the same period. i wonder why. i mean ... taking calcium and vitamin D of oil fish is the best combination because vit. D helps spread the calcium.