Visitor Messaging

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I know, I know, I know...yet another suggestion from me. It's exhausting.

Is there any way that we can get email notification when we have a visitor message? I looked in edit options and only saw the option of participating and limiting it to contacts/friends/moderators.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
You're supposed to get a notification when you have a new VM, like with PMs but without the pop-up.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Would a pop up suffice?

Haha, I'm asking that as if I'm sure it's an option that Hybrix can provide. :rotfl:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I know the bar on the far left usually is where I get my notification for VM's. Also I could be wrong but I think in your UserCP you can make it to where you get Email Notifications.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Yeah, I can see it on the left side when I refresh my page...but that hardly ever happens unless the latest posts section starts getting wonky. I leave the webpage up most of the day and just open new tabs.

I was just wondering if there was some type of notification...either pop up or email, because I'm not seeing the option for either of those. I get a pop up and email for PM's, but nothing for VM's except when I refresh the main page and look for it in the notifications box.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
You are correct, that one does not have an email notification option. I just looked, thinking I was gonna be all cool and schtuff with a path to it but alas I could not find it. Sonovabitch.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's no email option for it.. I kind of figured people wouldn't want to get an email everytime somebody posted "lulz" on their profile. :-/

It would be harder to add than you'd think. Did you notice the notification area on the left that tells you each time you get one? Just check GF more often! :D

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I guess you didn't read my explanation on that Brix. Not that I'm surprised or anything.

Thanks as always for your time and attention.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was being sarcastic.

Seriously though, there isn't an easy way to do this at the moment. Maybe when I upgrade to the new version (not released yet) of our software it will be a feature. As for me adding it there are too many files that I'd have to look through. :shake: