Visitor Messaging

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by AnitaKnapp, Jul 24, 2009.

1. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I know, I know, I know...yet another suggestion from me. It's exhausting.

Is there any way that we can get email notification when we have a visitor message? I looked in edit options and only saw the option of participating and limiting it to contacts/friends/moderators.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

You're supposed to get a notification when you have a new VM, like with PMs but without the pop-up.

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Would a pop up suffice?

Haha, I'm asking that as if I'm sure it's an option that Hybrix can provide. :rotfl:

4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I know the bar on the far left usually is where I get my notification for VM's. Also I could be wrong but I think in your UserCP you can make it to where you get Email Notifications.

5. AnitaKnapp

Yeah, I can see it on the left side when I refresh my page...but that hardly ever happens unless the latest posts section starts getting wonky. I leave the webpage up most of the day and just open new tabs.

I was just wondering if there was some type of notification...either pop up or email, because I'm not seeing the option for either of those. I get a pop up and email for PM's, but nothing for VM's except when I refresh the main page and look for it in the notifications box.

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

You are correct, that one does not have an email notification option. I just looked, thinking I was gonna be all cool and schtuff with a path to it but alas I could not find it. Sonovabitch.

[​IMG]

Major and AnitaKnapp like this.
  7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

There's no email option for it.. I kind of figured people wouldn't want to get an email everytime somebody posted "lulz" on their profile. :-/

It would be harder to add than you'd think. Did you notice the notification area on the left that tells you each time you get one? Just check GF more often! :D

8. AnitaKnapp

I guess you didn't read my explanation on that Brix. Not that I'm surprised or anything.

Thanks as always for your time and attention.

9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I was being sarcastic.

Seriously though, there isn't an easy way to do this at the moment. Maybe when I upgrade to the new version (not released yet) of our software it will be a feature. As for me adding it there are too many files that I'd have to look through. :shake: