• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Visa offers $500K for eateries to stop accepting cash

Impaired

Registered Member
I hate not being able to pay in cash. That said, there is no law that says private companies have to accept it. I was under the impression it was federal law, but I am wrong. Your creditors have to accept it. The government has to accept it.

Dairy Queen, not so much.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If all I am spending is a few dollars I prefer to use cash. Of course the owners of the business can run it as they see fit, its their business. If I don't like it I can avoid them.

Louisiana decided to force people to use charge cards/checks in yard sales which I think is ridiculous.

Louisiana Makes It Illegal To Use Cash For Secondhand Sales

MiketheGrinder

Registered Member
What bugs me about using a credit card at eateries is putting my information on the line for a small payment. It doesn't seem worth the risk.

I figured that the Louisiana bill had to do with counterfeit money since that's a common way for a crook to operate. Stop at a yard sale with fake $20 bills, buy something small, walk away with legitimate cash, rinse and repeat. But no, it's all about taxes. Of course.