Virus Software

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Can anyone recommend a good software to get rid of viruses?

SamusAran86

Registered Member
I use Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security, I have never had a problem with it. it updates itself, and runs checks either scheduled ot whenever you want to.

The also offer Housecall ... a free online scan of your computer for viruses

You can also buy the Internet Security product online through the same link, with a little searching

Marys454BB

Premium Member
Darth Tater said:
I use Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security, I have never had a problem with it. it updates itself, and runs checks either scheduled ot whenever you want to.

The also offer Housecall ... a free online scan of your computer for viruses

You can also buy the Internet Security product online through the same link, with a little searching
I get Trend for free (The CEO of the company is a member of our anti virus team) It is a very good AV but there are people mainly those with older systems that have problems with it so I don't tell many people to go for it.
Trends "HouseCall" online scan works well for most but won't keep you protected. If someone wants to pay for a good AV and their system it's "too" old yep, PC Cillin is pretty much the best :)

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Yeah, it came installed on this computer when I bought it. I have never had a virus, even when a site I visited tried to hit me with one, PC-cillin stopped it before it could get onto my computer, and even gave me warnings about the site... and it was a videogame fan site

LicentiousVenus

Registered Member
I've had really good luck with Norton internet security...I get it from the school at a discount...i'm sure there is better...but it does work, has saved my computer on numerous occasions....don't forget to dl some spyware protection...you can find them free online...Ad-Aware works pretty decently...the school tech guys suggested that one...I can't remember the name of the other one i use...but i think it may be Spybot search and destroy..something similar to that...both are free to dl and use..but have extended features you have to pay for

SamusAran86

Registered Member
LicentiousVenus said:
I've had really good luck with Norton internet security...I get it from the school at a discount...i'm sure there is better...but it does work, has saved my computer on numerous occasions....don't forget to dl some spyware protection...you can find them free online...Ad-Aware works pretty decently...the school tech guys suggested that one...I can't remember the name of the other one i use...but i think it may be Spybot search and destroy..something similar to that...both are free to dl and use..but have extended features you have to pay for
I also use Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy on a weekly basis. You would be surprised at the stuff some sites put onto your computers due to cookies and such. I recommend BOTH being run at least once a week.

mom_of_sixoxo

Registered Member
i'm one of those running a dinosaur, but have tried quite a few that caused various problems till i got this combo going: antivirus: AVAST! (free) & Spyware Doctor (free)
they are both great & care-free too. i hear ya darth--it's amazing where you find the most junk sticking to you from...i went to the white pages to find someone, which i think of as a reputable site, right? it actually hooked a browser hi-jacker on me! i run spy doc every day when i finish, which takes less than 3 mins. and have it set for at-boot too in case i forget.