• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Virus Software

SamusAran86

Registered Member
I use Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security, I have never had a problem with it. it updates itself, and runs checks either scheduled ot whenever you want to.

The also offer Housecall ... a free online scan of your computer for viruses

You can also buy the Internet Security product online through the same link, with a little searching

Marys454BB

Premium Member
Darth Tater said:
I use Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security, I have never had a problem with it. it updates itself, and runs checks either scheduled ot whenever you want to.

The also offer Housecall ... a free online scan of your computer for viruses

You can also buy the Internet Security product online through the same link, with a little searching
I get Trend for free (The CEO of the company is a member of our anti virus team) It is a very good AV but there are people mainly those with older systems that have problems with it so I don't tell many people to go for it.
Trends "HouseCall" online scan works well for most but won't keep you protected. If someone wants to pay for a good AV and their system it's "too" old yep, PC Cillin is pretty much the best :)

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Yeah, it came installed on this computer when I bought it. I have never had a virus, even when a site I visited tried to hit me with one, PC-cillin stopped it before it could get onto my computer, and even gave me warnings about the site... and it was a videogame fan site

LicentiousVenus

Registered Member
I've had really good luck with Norton internet security...I get it from the school at a discount...i'm sure there is better...but it does work, has saved my computer on numerous occasions....don't forget to dl some spyware protection...you can find them free online...Ad-Aware works pretty decently...the school tech guys suggested that one...I can't remember the name of the other one i use...but i think it may be Spybot search and destroy..something similar to that...both are free to dl and use..but have extended features you have to pay for

kromsales

Registered Member
I second AVG I LOVE IT!!!!!

SamusAran86

Registered Member
LicentiousVenus said:
I've had really good luck with Norton internet security...I get it from the school at a discount...i'm sure there is better...but it does work, has saved my computer on numerous occasions....don't forget to dl some spyware protection...you can find them free online...Ad-Aware works pretty decently...the school tech guys suggested that one...I can't remember the name of the other one i use...but i think it may be Spybot search and destroy..something similar to that...both are free to dl and use..but have extended features you have to pay for
I also use Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy on a weekly basis. You would be surprised at the stuff some sites put onto your computers due to cookies and such. I recommend BOTH being run at least once a week.

mom_of_sixoxo

Registered Member
i'm one of those running a dinosaur, but have tried quite a few that caused various problems till i got this combo going: antivirus: AVAST! (free) & Spyware Doctor (free)
they are both great & care-free too. i hear ya darth--it's amazing where you find the most junk sticking to you from...i went to the white pages to find someone, which i think of as a reputable site, right? it actually hooked a browser hi-jacker on me! i run spy doc every day when i finish, which takes less than 3 mins. and have it set for at-boot too in case i forget.