• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Games Virtual consequences for virtual war crimes

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Should gamers be punished for committing virtual war crimes during gameplay? The Red Cross thinks so.
The International Committee of the Red Cross says it wants to work with video game developers to show the consequences of players’ actions if they commit virtual torture, harm civilians or prisoners, attack medical personnel or violate any of the Geneva Conventions.
- See more at: Red Cross seeks virtual consequences for gamers who commit virtual war crimes | The Raw Story
The red cross thinks there should be punishment for your video game character. I have to admit I don't play a lot of games but I have a feeling if they did these games will not be played much if its a game for adults. If they want to do this in kids games as a way to teach right from wrong then that might go over as another teaching tool.

What do you think about this and would you play a game that did this?

Konshentz

Konshentz
:lol:

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. It's also the stupidest.

If being punished was part of the story, then yeah. I'd still play it. But if it was just to teach people right from wrong, I'd spend my $60 elsewhere.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I have to agree with Detrimental. It sounds pretty ridiculous. I wouldn't play any games that are intended to teach you right from wrong. Maybe these games would be better for kids. I don't know. I think that's the sort of thing that parents are responsible for teaching their children though, not video games.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
As ridiculous as this sounds and no doubt is, if this were to be implimentes, would people be less inclined fo blame violent video games when the next mass shooting happens? I mean, the game can't be to blame if the game teaches that there are consequences, right?

Still though, ridiculous notion, I think.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think its ridiculous too, its a game and even if this was implemented I bet they would still blame games for the shootings. Probably would go after the violence in them even if there were consequences.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Like other have said if it were part of the story I would be fine with it, but to make it a mandatory thing would be rather ridiculous.