Vinyl

Discussion in 'Music' started by Benay148, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Benay148

Benay148 New Member

Hi, i'm brand new to this thread and i wonder, who here still listens to vinyl, or would even prefer to listen to their music analog vs. digital, just curious, just bought the new hendrix album on vinyl and love it, sounds amazing, so whats your thoughts?

2. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

New Hendrix on vinyl? What? Lol. Hendrix quit making stuff 40 years ago dude.....cuz he died..... lol

Now, I'm just a kid, so I've never listened to anyhting on vinyl. My dad and even grandad prefer digital to vinyl. Probably cuz its more convenient and won't wear out.

3. Benay148

Benay148 New Member

first of all... the hendrix family has recently released his unreleased recordings onto a new album called valleys of neptune, and since you have NEVER listened to anything on vinyl i dont think that your opinion is necessary...

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

He's right Mag, the Hendrix family just released a lot of his famous songs, and songs we've never heard before on Vinyl.

Personally I love to listen old music on Vinyl, obviously today it sounds more clearer and better because of the advance technology, but I rather listen to the original then something that was re-made on a CD.

5. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Vinyl actually has less sound lost in the recording than digital. If you listen to one song on vinyl and listen to the same song in digital, there's things you can hear in the vinyl that you can hear in the digital. There's some things that vinyl could capure and digital could not.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It's also the other way around Smel. When the Beatles released their Digital Catalog Re-Mastered CD you heard a lot of stuff that you couldn't hear on the original albums. So it works both ways.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

We still have a lot of vinyl at home but no player. LOL. We kept some of the records because for collection purpose. I'd love to listen to them some time.

8. Benay148

Benay148 New Member

Thats true ruth but the digital remastering is mainly based on having the new technology to make those sounds come out, when the songs were originally released on vinyl they didnt have the technology to make the songs sound so crisp on the recording, so if you were to maybe here the remastered stuff onto vinyl now, it could be even crisper and clearer than the cds

9. Poetosis

Poetosis Registered Member

One of my first experiences with music was with my mother's vinyl collection and The Beatles.

I adore the aesthetic of vinyl, the preperation and precision required to play the track you want, etc. The thought of collecting them and their almost paper-thin thickness is also inspiring.

I have, however, started to kneel to digital downloading as of late. =S