Vince's Role In WWE

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by wooly, Jun 25, 2009.

1. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I don't know exactly how accurate all the rumours are, but for a long time now there has been an ever increasing number of reports coming from inside WWE about Vince pretty much.... Losing it! His behaviour is meant to be particularly nutball as of late. Repeatedly chewing out members of staff completely for little to no reason. Shooting down almost every idea that contrasts his in creative and nobody being able to disagree with him. Again, i'm not sure exactly how accurate or exaggerated the reports are but the quality of RAW does a lot to back up the rumours, that's for sure.

So what i'm wondering is.... Do you think that Vince has lost his touch? Last minute decisions for terrible storylines like this Trump thing do make it look like he's lost his spark, and really seems like he's completely out of touch with the fans. And i'm not just basing it on the mess that was the Trump storyline, it's been a steady pattern like that for a long time now. His stories and his management of things generally.... suck! It's starting to look like the longer Vince keeps tight control on affairs at WWE, things aren't going to improve.

So do you think that WWE would be better if Vince took a step back and let the next generation of McMahons run things? I think that Shane and Stephanie would definitely be more in touch with the fans than Vince, and supposedly Stephanie has a strong belief in developing younger superstars and a belief in superstars bringing forward their own ideas for storylines. Whereas Vince doesn't even listen to his creative writers!

2. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

Good thread topic...

I think the WWE needs something different...a change if you will. McMahon hates Obama so I think that fits perfectly in a weird way haha.

I dont really care what it is but something needs to be changed and if means Vinnie Mac lets others decide more then thats fine with me. Stephanie sometimes gets a bad rap online but overall everything I've heard about her has been positive and that she's a professional. Give her a shot.

Vince has such a huge friggin ego though...that's what'll get in the way. He's been on record in saying he'll be doing this forever because he'll never die...so I dont see him stepping down anytime soon.

3. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Yeah i believe he will keep doing it until he dies. Probably get more involved as time goes on if anything just to prove "I've still got it!". He does have an ego the size of Jupiter.

A lot of people would might be opposed to it but, i think Triple H could do a great job as he takes a more important role as a company official. He's most likely going to be a vice president or something eventually, especially if Stephanie becomes chairwoman. I think he's somebody who would have a very good idea about what the fans want.

4. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

I'd love to see a different creative direction...if this means Vince taking his hands off of storylines more, that would be great. It seems that the WWE storylines are in a state of stagnation. Legacy could be HUGE and is being misused (I still love 'em, though, haha). There are a ton of other statements I could make like this.

Still, as with all rumors, I wonder how much of this is fabrication by internet smarks. The storylines have been crappy, but maybe it's not Vince's fault.

Still, I'd be happy if the creative process involved Vince, his kids, and the staff of writers all on equal footing (unrealistic, I know).

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

If it's true that Vince his losing his mind than I believe he should give more control to his son and daughter and let them run the business while he takes a break. I think he deserves one and needs one as well. All the hours he worked in his life is probably taking a toll on him, and now he's losing his mind.

6. HappyFace

HappyFace Registered Member

Of course Vince is going insane, the steroid abuse, the stress, the hours. I think we should all rock up at his home and tell him to go on vacation. The fact is that if he's depressed or stressed the show is going to be terrible. We need fresh minds to give us something entertaining.

7. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

I dread the day when Vince has to call it a day because that will mean Stephanie and Triple H taking over which is not a good thing.

8. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

And you know this how? You could make a GUESS against Triple H but Stephanie has done a great job in her role since getting promoted.

I dont think it will be as bad as you think...of course its impossible to know at this point anyways

9. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

He doesn't knows, I think it's his general opinion.

Ummmm....it certainly would be a lot different with Vince out of the picture, I guess we'll just have to wait till that day comes, otherwise let's just enjoy Vince for his kookiness now.

:D

10. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

Yep it's my opinion, and besides I disagree about Stephanie doing a great job because the storylines she wrote were fricking godawful. Getting Jericho to clean up dog shit? Yeahhhhhhhh really edge of the seat stuff there.