• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Vikings to move?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I think it's highly likely that the Vikings will be the next NFL team to move. Fixing the roof collapse at the Metrodome won't be cheap to fix. I think the only way the Vikings stay in Minnesota is if they get a stadium deal done before the end of next season.

Here's a link talking about how the Vikings can't reach a new deal for a stadium:
Countdown to Vikings Relocation? - Daily Norseman

And here's another link about the Vikings petitioning the NFL to move to L.A.:
http://beyondthebleachers.com/conte...sota-vikings-petition-league-los-angeles-move

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The lastest rumors I've read about a team moving to LA was the Chargers. San Diego are also in need for a new Stadium.

T.J. Simers: Chargers returning to L.A.? - latimes.com

It would make sense if they were the team that moved there. The Chargers have a large and growing fan base in LA and especially Orange County

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
:shake: Oh man, Winnipeg is really turning into a black hole of professional sports. I know more than a few fans of the Vikes, if only because they're within driving distance of here.

I've got an idea: let's move them to the other side of the country!

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it would be a damn shame if they moved to Los Angeles considering how storied of a franchise they are. If anybody should move to LA it should be Jacksonville.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I agree, Jacksonville or San Diego would make more sense. Minnesota doesn't seem to need a move, if they can get their stadium situation fixed (I wouldn't see it being a problem, personally. Minnesota is behind their team).

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree, Jacksonville or San Diego would make more sense. Minnesota doesn't seem to need a move, if they can get their stadium situation fixed (I wouldn't see it being a problem, personally. Minnesota is behind their team).
I don't think it's going to be that easy. The Vikings have been trying to get a new stadium for YEARS and it's never happened. The Twins got one but why on earth are the Vikings not receiving one?

I really hope they work something out but it should have happened before now. Not to mention the Vikings owner has met with LA officials this past year...probably not a coincidence.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I don't think it's going to be that easy. The Vikings have been trying to get a new stadium for YEARS and it's never happened. The Twins got one but why on earth are the Vikings not receiving one?

I really hope they work something out but it should have happened before now. Not to mention the Vikings owner has met with LA officials this past year...probably not a coincidence.
Are they coming up to a stadium deadline like the Rams?

BigBob

Registered Member
Like Millz said Unity, the Vikings have been trying to get a new stadium since about 2000 now. They've have the plans laid out for years and years but the state won't approve of the funding. For them to build a brand new stadium, they need $700 million and they said they (Ziggy Wilf) is willing to pay about 1/3rd, or $233 million out of pocket.

They are not going to move. We've had this discussion before. The teams most likely to move are the Rams, Jacksonville, Buffalo and San Diego.

The Vikings have no reason to move, they just need to get rid of the fucking Dome. It's annoying whenever it's snowing outside that they're inside.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Like Millz said Unity, the Vikings have been trying to get a new stadium since about 2000 now. They've have the plans laid out for years and years but the state won't approve of the funding. For them to build a brand new stadium, they need $700 million and they said they (Ziggy Wilf) is willing to pay about 1/3rd, or $233 million out of pocket.
What I was asking about is a deadline...do they have to get it built by a certain season?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
No they just really need one and the owner might move the team if he doesn't get what he wants. Same reason why the Cardinals left St Louis in the 1980's to go to Arizona.

St Louis shouldn't be discussed as a possible candidate to move anymore I don't think now that we've got a new owner.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
willge87 NFL 0
willge87 NFL 4
Babe_Ruth NFL 8
StroShow NFL 3
Jeanie Movies & TV 0