Vikings acquire QB Holcomb from Eagles

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
NFL Network's Adam Schefter is reporting that the Vikings have acquired quarterback Kelly Holcomb from the Philadephia Eagles in exchange for a sixth round pick in 2009.
The veteran backup quarterback joined the Eagles this year but saw very limited action in the preseason as the team was crowded at the position with A.J. Feely and second-round pick Kevin Kolb backing up Donovan McNabb.
http://www.nfl.com/preseason/story?id=09000d5d801e194d&template=with-video&confirm=true

Z

Zanthrax54

WOO HOO! Go Kelly Holcomb...NOT. He's lucky to still be in the league, he's the definition of an average qb, should be a good back-up, which is why is was brought in, but don't forget that the back-up qb is often the most popular guy when the starter has a bad game, not good if you are Mr. Jackson...

D

Diamond Joe Quimby

This means the Eagles got a starting linebacker for a guy who wasn't going to make their tackle rotation in the first place. Great trade for the Eagles.

Z

Zanthrax54

This means the Eagles got a starting linebacker for a guy who wasn't going to make their tackle rotation in the first place. Great trade for the Eagles.

Excellent trade for the Eagles, don't forget that they traded the Bills a 7th rounder for Holcomb, then turn around and trade Holcomb for a 6th round draft choice! The front office of the Eagles do it again!

hasbeen99

Fighting the stereotype
Holcomb is an insurance policy, nothing more. Traveras Jackson is a huge question mark, even with Adrian Peterson in the backfield.

Z

Zanthrax54

Holcomb is an insurance policy, nothing more. Traveras Jackson is a huge question mark, even with Adrian Peterson in the backfield.
Exactly, but the Vikings have been in love with guys like Holcomb. Look at Brad Johnson, they started him b.c. he got the offense moving, but he provided no real long term solution...I hope Holcomb doesn't become a cancer like he did for the Bills...

hasbeen99

Fighting the stereotype
Exactly, but the Vikings have been in love with guys like Holcomb. Look at Brad Johnson, they started him b.c. he got the offense moving, but he provided no real long term solution...I hope Holcomb doesn't become a cancer like he did for the Bills...
Hard for a band-aid to be a cancer, although I hear what you're saying. If Jackson stumbles this year (and I think he will), I'd look for the Vikes to be in the market for a bigger name FA in '08.

Culpepper?

Z

Zanthrax54

Hard for a band-aid to be a cancer, although I hear what you're saying. If Jackson stumbles this year (and I think he will), I'd look for the Vikes to be in the market for a bigger name FA in '08.

Culpepper?

Haha, that would be SO FUNNY if DC went back to the Vikes! I couldn't see that happening though