• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Vikes close to acquiring Pats' Moss

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Moss, Rice (when he gets back) and Harvin. That's a nice set of receivers. That could bring back last year's Favre, I'm sure.

It would definitely be a big loss for the Patriots.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Well considering Brady only threw one ball to him last night on the fake and he missed it, Moss may have other things on his mind. It's just not like Moss to miss a ball and a signal from Brady that it's not a fake, and then Brady didn't throw a single ball to him the rest of the night. He did look pissed at the end of the game... To me it seems to me the Pats are trying to get a lot of the talented rookies some practice early in the season at the expense of some of the vets, like Moss. We picked up a lot of good rookies, but where is that fine line? Welker may be their new shinning star if Moss leaves. Moss is an excellent player, but he is a free agent so he is free to come an go as he pleases... although the Pats would be stupid to take advantage of him.

It's just not Moss to miss a ball like that... something is up.

YouTube - Patriots vs Dolphins 2010 MNF highlights

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
I think Moss will do well back in Minnesota. There still aren't a lot of quarterbacks who can throw the deep ball like Favre, and Moss is arguably one of the most talented deep ball receivers in NFL history. I think Moss will be determined just how he was in New England when he arrived in Oakland. It'll be great to see him back in Viking colors.

As for New England, I think they will be fine. They have a good history of knowing when to hang on and let go with veteran starters. It will be interesting to see how teams will defend the Pats without Moss. Even when he's not catching balls, Moss stretches the defense and allows guys to make plays underneath. Without a legit deep ball receiver, I wonder how his departure will effect Welker?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think the departure will effect Welker big time. No offense to Wes, he does have some skills but one of the biggest reasons that Welker stats went up since moving to New England is because, he had a better quarterback throwing to him and a lot of the defenders put their focus on Randy. I don't believe he'll put up the same numbers if Moss leaves for Minnesota.

None the less, it should be interesting to see if this trade really goes down, it seems the only thing holding it back right now is Moss signing a contract with the Vikes.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I think the departure will effect Welker big time. No offense to Wes, he does have some skills but one of the biggest reasons that Welker stats went up since moving to New England is because, he had a better quarterback throwing to him and a lot of the defenders put their focus on Randy. I don't believe he'll put up the same numbers if Moss leaves for Minnesota.

None the less, it should be interesting to see if this trade really goes down, it seems the only thing holding it back right now is Moss signing a contract with the Vikes.
That will help anyone, just ask TO. :lol:

It will definitely take a toll on Welker's stats. But I'm sure he'll still put up good numbers.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Welker doesn't depend on Moss for a distraction though. Wes makes those short slant routes and catches quick passes because he's fast enough to do it. People know Wes is a weapon, especially now, and he still gets it done. It's sad to see Randy go but if he's really going to make a stink about his contract when he hasn't been willing to work out anything either, than good luck playing for Fred Flinstone over there in Minnesota :lol:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Something like this might convince Favre to play another three years haha. I mean the weapons in Minny are off the charts. Moss, Rice, Harvin, Peterson, Shiancoe. Favre has wanted to play with Moss for years and now he's getting his shot. Awesome move for the Vikings.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This makes there offense even more dangerous. The pissy thing about this for the Vikings fans is that he probably won't go back to 84, so you'll still need to buy his number 18 jersey :D

But in all seriousness, this is a great pick-up for the Vikings. Like it's been said already, Favre can throw the long ball with the best of them, and Moss is always a deep threat. Should be interesting to see how long it takes him to adjust to the offense.

Last edited: