• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Vigil for dead teen turns violent in suburban St. Louis

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
FERGUSON, Mo. - A day of anger over a fatal police shooting of an unarmed black teen in suburban St. Louis turned to mayhem as people looted businesses, vandalized vehicles and confronted police in riot gear who tried to block access to parts of the city.

Michael Brown shooting: Vigil for dead teen turns violent - CBS News
Lord, I'm wondering what happened here and which side is telling the truth? Two very conflicting stories. Wish there had been a video of it.

I will never understand people destroying businesses like this and looting. These people had nothing to do with what happened. There are also reports of cops and police helicopters being shot at.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Imo if the protesters wanna shoot at choppers then they should send the army. The police obviously couldnt deal with the situation and theres no reason to break into stores and loot them.
But theres also no reason to shoot somebody to death if they dont have a weapon. That officers just gotta have serious issues with anger management.

Lmk when Kerry and Nuland arrive to help the protesters.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The protestors are saying he was doing nothing and had his hands up surrendering when the cop shot him. The cops are saying he pushed the cop back in his car and was trying to take his gun away from him. This 18 year old was pretty big.

I don't know who is telling the truth here. We know cops lie and overreact and have been caught on video doing some things they should go to jail for. However people lie too, some have a hatred of cops and would love to see them in trouble.

I hope the FBI can figure this one out. Wish there was a video of it. Can't believe no one took one considering how many have cell phones. Unless they did and it shows the cop is telling the truth so they don't turn it over.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Seems like a lot of rush to judgment over this entire situation

But the looting and rioting is taking the talk away from the real issue...its embarrassing

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Agreed, whether the cop overreacted and shot a kid without thinking first is a separate issue. The notion of "this was wrong and this cop shouldn't have shot this kid so let's go riot and steal stuff" makes no sense, it's idiotic.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
People will be concentrating on the looting and rioting and not the issue of the shooting. I think its stupid to loot and tear things up. What I think happens is these protests bring out the criminal element because they know they can get away with it. Their main concern is stealing and not that a innocent person possibly was murdered by police.

I also heard on the news this morning there are videos and they were confiscated by the police. If things went down like the cop claims they had better be showing them. If they don't people will assume the cops have something to hide. Unless they were afterwards then its not going to help.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I was told that police never discuss a case while its being investigated so thats probaly why they didnt mention the officers injuries. But since his face was damaged then he was probaly attacked before he shot the suspect.
Attacking a policeman is really stupid. That dude shoulda known what could happen since the police are armed.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Usually if a officer is injured something is said about that immediately. So I'm wondering if he was injured.

People are demanding to know his name but if they release that he will probably be killed.