• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Video shows fatal confrontation between Alton Sterling, Baton Rouge police officer

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
That video doesn't provide a clear enough picture of what happened. Yes it shows the cop shooting the man, along with a dashboard of a car, but it doesn't show if Sterling tried to go for his gun or not.

Not saying the cops didn't do something wrong, we know they can and have, but Sterling is a violent felon with a long criminal history and it was reported when 911 was called he pointed the gun at someone. Its not far fetched to think he may have done something aggressive towards the cops but we will have to have more evidence to draw a definite conclusion.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
They confiscated the store's surveillance camera and both officers were wearing body cams. One of the victim's arms isn't shown in the other video. The store owner claimed that he never tried to grab his gun but there's still no evidence that he didn't. Also, somebody called the police because they claim he pointed the gun at somebody.
Also, why didn't the taser bring him down? That only happens if somebody is using serious drugs.

If the officer that shot him over-reacted, they will need more evidence to prove it.
Still waiting to learn more about what really went down...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The new video looks even worse for the cops than the first.

After he's been shot, one of the cops then takes something out of his right leg pants pocket.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It's incredibly hard to not call this a public execution (if you've seen the video, it's grisly).

Regardless of who the man was, this was brutality. The two police officers had him subdued, the man was not a threat at the time they shot him.

This is murder and these cops need to be locked up for it.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
After everything that went down with the Freddie Gray story and everything, one would think that cops would be more careful when stuff like this happens and not stir the pot again to incense even more the black community, as already highly incensed as they are right now. From what I've seen, those cops are in serious, serious, serious trouble.

But....what are the chances they sincerely get convicted?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's incredibly hard to not call this a public execution (if you've seen the video, it's grisly).

Regardless of who the man was, this was brutality. The two police officers had him subdued, the man was not a threat at the time they shot him.

This is murder and these cops need to be locked up for it.
My guess is they won't get any jail time. Which once again will be such bullshit.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If Sterling was murdered the officers need to serve time for it. Hopefully the truth will come out.

Another fatal shooting by cops happened last night. Of course I have no idea what happened but this man had a permit to carry a concealed weapon and he told the cop that he had a gun, sounds like the man was trying to comply with the cops orders when shot. Cops need to realize that people are allowed to carry guns and you shouldn't be shooting them for practicing their right to bear arms.

https://gma.yahoo.com/woman-livestr...end-052404302--abc-news-topstories.html?nhp=1

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If Sterling was murdered the officers need to serve time for it. Hopefully the truth will come out.

Another fatal shooting by cops happened last night. Of course I have no idea what happened but this man had a permit to carry a concealed weapon and he told the cop that he had a gun, sounds like the man was trying to comply with the cops orders when shot. Cops need to realize that people are allowed to carry guns and you shouldn't be shooting them for practicing their right to bear arms.

https://gma.yahoo.com/woman-livestr...end-052404302--abc-news-topstories.html?nhp=1
The Minnesota shooting looks bad. Really bad. We don't have the actual shooting on camera, but her calm recitation of what happened immediately afterward is powerful, and she comes across credible.

The guy did exactly what a CCW holder is supposed to do, based on her account, and he still got shot.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
This stuff shows how bad social media can be. 1.5 years ago, near Ferguson, a black teen pulled and failed to fire his gun point blank on a officer with the officer immediately shooting and killing him shortly after. Social media had him laying on the ground for hours bleeding, no medical help and no gun can be found. It quickly blew things up. For days there were riots with a nearby store getting broken into and set on fire (by a "peaceful" protester). Pictures from media conflicted EVERYTHING that was being said in social media. There were pictures of the gun when they said there wasn't. There were pictures of a medical team that pronounced him dead, hours before they said he was still alive and bleeding. There was video but it was picked apart to come out to a phone instead of a gun... and they don't care about the testimony of the black girl standing near the door at the time of the shooting...

They freaked out and bitched because they put him in the back of a SUV... missing the point that it was the official coroner's vehicle.

One of the biggest problems of these type of events is video captured after the fact, never usually showing what happened before the gun was discharged. There have been shootings where a gun was changed to a ham sandwich on social media.

You need more facts, you need more video and you need more audio because passing judgement. Both the person shot and the person shooting are innocent before proof of guilt is shown.

The Minnesota shooting looks bad. Really bad. We don't have the actual shooting on camera, but her calm recitation of what happened immediately afterward is powerful, and she comes across credible
I will give her the state of shock as a credible reason but she jumbled her story a few times. He was shot 3 times, 4 times... The cop shot 4-5 times. She gave different timings as too when he told the cop he had a gun.... She did say the cop told him not to move after he was told he had a gun. He moved, still trying to show him wallet.

Again - more needs to be proven. Looks bad, yes. but we can't pass judgement. Does the police need different training? I don't know. I've seen plenty of videos of cops being shot on normal traffic stops. There was an officer where I grew up that was raped on a normal traffic stop. They rolled the window up, got her head pinned in the window... and... you know the rest.