• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Video games

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
How many of you lot ever considered collecting video games? This can also include paraphernalia other than consoles and such.

I am a budding collector myself. Don't quite have the income to go all out at the moment, but I've got a nice little pile of games at the moment.

I personally collect all sorts of consoles and games. I'm looking to own a number of consoles and games (if not all of them) from every year since the start of video gaming. And yes, that includes the bad ones.

Point of it all is just general interest in gaming really. I'd like to have a sort of interactive timeline of video gaming, from the days of Pong, Tank Commander and the like, to...well, whatever the hell they come up with next!

BigBob

Registered Member
Well, I've kept all my systems over the years and games so I guess you can call me a collector of Video Games. As you, I don't have the income to go out and buy everything I want right now, but I have a nice set up.

Turbo

Registered Member
i wanted to keep my older consoles but justs didn't have the room.

aside from the Wii, 360, ps2 and ds. i have a working dreamcast and gamecube. and i have an original game boy, it works but the lines are too numerous to see the game and i doubt anyone can replace the screen for me.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I used to sell mine off to get new ones but I'm going to start keeping them now that I have a steady job in the future. I really want to collect some older games though, especially to rebuild my SNES library.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I usually keep all of my games, even if I probably won't ever play them again. But I don't consider myself a collector. I never buy games just to have them. I buy them to play them.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I've got a huge collection of video games. I started collecting retro games and systems.. There is still a lot more i am looking to add to my collection though. It is fun, it just gets expensive!

Alyssa

Registered Member
I don't, but I wish I did. I think it's an awesome thing to collect.
My boyfriend and roommate kind of do.
They also have a lot of action figures from video games and movies. The house is actually full of them.
I definitely should have kept all my old systems.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I still have all my original game systems, I don't collect them for value. I don't really collect them as much as I want to play all the old games that I grew up with, plus I never throw a system out after the newest one comes out.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I've kept all of my gaming systems except for the SNES and Sega. I really want the SNES back...but I already have 5 gaming consoles hooked up to my tv and I would have no room for additional ones.
half.com is my best friend for buying games/sytems.

Lemonv1

Registered Member
I usually keep all of my games, even if I probably won't ever play them again. But I don't consider myself a collector. I never buy games just to have them. I buy them to play them.
This is my answer.
I have games as old as the psone. Typically I do sell games I definitely won't play again, but I do have quite a big collection. I just don't collect them for collection's sake. I buy games I want to play, and that's it.