• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Video Game music, what do you like?

Malificus

Likes snow
I couldn't really decide whether this should be in general gaming or here. I just went with the fact it's music.

here's a list of my most listened to game music

Karma by Bump of Chicken - from Tales of the Abyss
Akai Tsuki - from Disgaea
Awe of She by Daisuke Ishiwatari - from Guilty Gear
Hell's Whisper - from Disgaea
Laharl Sama no Sanbika - from Disgaea
Staff Credits -from Super Paper Mario
Vamo 'Alla Flamenco - Black Mages - from Final Fantasy IX
Halo Theme Mjolnir Mix - from Halo 2

Good Soundtracks overall:
Disgaea
Most all Final Fantasy
Most Legend of Zelda
Songs for Tales of the Abyss
Fable

Teorropy

I would have to say:

Legend of Zelda
Halo
Halo2
Halo 3
Must of the Final Fantasy games
Suikdoden 1
Suikoden 2

Malificus

Likes snow
Do you have a favorite Final Fantasy soundtrack?

Malificus

Likes snow
People think I am crazy, FF7 is my favorite.
FF7's good, but for me the core soundtracks are a toss up between 12 +9

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
For the most part, I think most game music is a little too... uninteresting... for my tastes. A lot of the FF stuff is decent, but for the most part it's not stuff I would listen to outside the game (some FF remixes are good though). I really enjoyed the Morrowind soundtrack though, it was better as listening music than in-game music since there was only one album's worth of tracks that just kept cycling. Suikoden III had some good songs as I recall.

Malificus

Likes snow
For the most part, I think most game music is a little too... uninteresting... for my tastes.
That;s why I like to make threads looking for good game music, not all of it's going to be good, but there's a lot of games music out there, and quite of bit of good stuff is there to be found

Teorropy

Yeah I agree, there are some really good video game music out there. I don't really think of video game when someone asks me about music.

Malificus

Likes snow
I like most PRG music, it's like modern classical music