Video Game Endings

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by viLky, Aug 31, 2008.

?

Are you satisfied with the video game endings you've gotten?

1. I'm 100% satisfied

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I'm 80% satisfied

25.0%
  3. I'm 70% satisfied

25.0%
  4. I'm 60% satisfied

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm 50% satisfied

25.0%
  6. I'm 40% satisfied

12.5%
  7. I'm 30% satisfied

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I'm 20% satisfied

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I'm 10% satisfied

12.5%
  10. I'm 0% satisfied

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I, for one, can't stand them. The only good video game ending I ever thought was worthwild was Final Fantasy 6. Other than that, every game (mostly RPGs) had horrible endings, I believe. Take Final Fantasy 7 for instance...:

Ok, you see Midgar. And? The end? Come on, what happened to Cloud, Barret, Tifa and the rest? Why do we have to wait 8 years for Advent Children to come out

:fiery:

Max Payne...

Standing on top of the tower. Ok? What happens after that? I would like to see a little bit in his life to see what happened to him. Why cut it off and that's that? I need more! =D

I feel that if I contribute hours into a game, I should be rewarded with a good ending... Well, it's not even about being "good" more so than finding out what happened to the person later on down the road. Just ending it without any explanation is soooo anti-climatic to me. I believe this is one of the reasons I stop before I fight the final boss/enemy because I know I'm in for a disappointed ending. :cry2:

Am I the only one who feels this way about video game endings? Should we get more, or do we get enough already?

2. Syndicate

Syndicate Chirp Chirp

Can't be bothered typing them all out but Knights Of The Old Republic II had one of the most disappointing ones for me. I fell in love with the story to the point I'd make sure I didn't miss a single bit of dialog from any character. The ending fell so far short of the bar they'd set that I almost lightsabered my PC.

Of the more modern games, I think FPS have had some of the most disappointing endings. Crysis and Bioshocks endings made me facepalm. Halo 2 probably had the worst though.

Still, they put in more effort than developers used to back in the day when all you'd get was a black screen, a single sprite and some white congratulation text. :D

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I remember games like that. :lol:

I remember when I played Super Mario World for the SNES and even in THAT time it gave a good ending. Now, fastforward to today and it seems like they're not even trying for the endings anymore.

Instead of falling short, why don't they go out with a bang. And, none of those multiple endings or leaving it open for part 2 crap. I hate that!

4. agphoenix

agphoenix Everything goes.

without a doubt

That over-rated piece of donkey vomit stunk up the place in a horrifying manner. That ending......:-o

Oh, and for as good of a game as it was, 'Assassin's Creed' had an ending that made me weep.

5. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

lol - I knew I missed something. :D

Care to tell us why you voted so high? What games have you've been playing!?

7. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

I have been pretty happy with the endings of the games I have played. Ones that have a plot that is. The only reason I voted 90% was because the ending of God of War 2 pissed me off badly. I was so ready to punish everyone on Mt. Olympus.

8. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I think that pretty much all games have terrible endings (except for warcraft III that had an awesome ending).

You finish a super hard game right? And the ending is just terrible it's so annoying. Even the greatest of games such as ocarina of time, mario 64, perfect dark, they all should have had better endings.

9. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I like most endings I've seen. And I don't really object to how the middle game in a trilogy ends because that's just how things work. |:

I'd guess I'd go about, 3/4 satisfied overall

10. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I'd say Prince of Persia 3, Splinter Cell Double Agent (various) and Star Wars Jedi Academy had the best endings.

Star Fox 64 had an okay ending(s).