• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Video Game Draft Official Thread

dDave

V.I.P.
I was planning on picking DKC until you picked DKC2 earlier. Great game. I got 100% by the way (101%, isn't it?).

Do you realize six of your eight picks are either Zelda or Donkey Kong? Nice variety. :lol:

And this is the last round. A couple people have said they don't want to do more than this. Plus it's dragging a bit.
Well according to the game yeah I got 100% but then there were all of hte extra collectibles that made the game a lot harder, I say that "true" 100% in a game is doing everything possible, for example in Donkey Kong 64 in order to get 101% in the game you only have to collect all 201 Golden Bananas, the 3500 small bananas have nothing to do with that, but I collected all of them.

True 100% in Mario 64 is collecting all of the coins, every single one and getting the max possible coin records.

If that makes sense.:-/

Yes I realize that my picks are somewhat constricted, maybe you didn't notice but they're all older games too, I dislike most games that release nowadays, older games were simply better, I've stated my opinion on that several times, don't really feel like going over it again right now. :lol:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Well I don't like collecting stuff just for the hell of it and not getting anything for it. In DKC it doesn't even tell you how many bananas you got on each level. At least in Mario 64 it saves all that info, but I still think it's pointless.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
This thread only dragged because some ppl didn't plan their list from the beginning, like they should =\

Its a shame tough, it was fun, certainly helps to break the monotony around here ^^

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It always slowed down towards the bottom of the order. I don't think they were PMing each other.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
Still, if they signed in they should keep up with the thread, so they won't stall the other members progress, don't you think?

I haven't seen how the other drafts in this forum went, Perhaps they weren't as interested...

Anyway. who is going to vote this btw =p

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
This thread only dragged because some ppl didn't plan their list from the beginning, like they should =\
And what's wrong with that?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Doesn't answer what's wrong with not making a list. Well, not to me anyway, all I get from reading that is "If you join, read the thread on a regular basis".

Personally, I think making your choices spontaneously can work. But you'd need to have an aim in mind for your list, or a general theme. Once you have that, things tend to come naturally.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
That works well in theory, im not so sure if it works that way for most people, even here there were several people who put the pick on "hold" because they had to run through their games list.

I just assumed that the main reason for some people to be taking days to post a game would be the consequential act of having to remember and choose 1 from many games they like, an act that would significantly take less time if they already had the games on their minds as well as replacements in case someone else chooses your pick before you.

Now i can be wrong, which brings me to the main question, if people are online, and they know its their turn to choose why do they take so long?

I don't want to prolong this slight detour on the thread, so i wont further instigate any possible controversial statement of mine ^^

Last edited:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
My final pick is God of War.

Great innovating fighting, great story.
Tearing off people's heads = win.