Video Game Draft Official Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Major, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

We got 12 people signed up, which is more than I expected. Just so this doesn't take forever I think we should do 8 rounds instead of 10.

I used RANDOM.ORG - True Random Number Service to come up with the draft order.

1. viLky
    2. Konshentz
    3. Echoes
    4. AnitaKnapp
    5. dDave
    6. Storm
    7. Maikeru
    8. Twitch
    9. Constantine
    10. BigBob
    11. Chaos

After you post your game send the next person on the list a PM so they know it's their turn. Like the Movie Draft we're going to do snake-style, so when we get to BigBob he'll make two picks and then we'll move through the order backwards.

If you haven't made a pick in 24 hours your turn will be forfeited and the next person can go ahead.

viLky, you're first up.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

My first pick is...

Super Mario World

[​IMG]

Super Mario World was, and still is an amazing adventure game. Each world is so vivid in it's own style, you're always coming across new enemies to face and the dungeons were interesting, too. Super Mario World is what the Mario series is all about.

(I'll PM Konshentz now)

3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

[​IMG]

Resident Evil 2 is quite possibly my favorite video game ever. It started my zombie obsession, and it also turned me from playing mostly sports games to almost exclusively survival horror (for years). I have beat the game at least 10-15 times, and it is nothing for me to pop it in and have it beaten in a couple of hours. And it seems like it could never get boring. This was RE at its best.

4. Major

I don't think my first pick will surprise anyone.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Nintendo 64

[​IMG]

Probably my favorite game, and considered by many to be the best game ever made. It took the Zelda series to a new level. It wasn't the first Zelda game I played, but it's the one that got me hooked on the series and is the measuring stick for all new Zelda games to be compared to. Everything about the game is perfect. I love the dungeons, the music, day/night, horseback riding, child/adult Link, and so much more.

5. Major

It's been over 24 hours, so I'm going to move Smelnick to the end of the order. Anita, you can pick now.

6. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm going to go ahead and pick Left4Dead first. It's a pretty fun game, and to me, it never gets old. I have the most fun playing this game (online) than any other game.

7. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

My first pick really couldn't possibly surprise anybody (especially considering that Ocarina of Time has already been done)

Donkey Kong 64 - Nintendo 64

[​IMG]

Definitely my favorite game ever made, developed by Rareware, this game is the first (and last real) 3-D Donkey Kong game, it was the final Donkey Kong game made by Rareware. The game has 5 playable characters and 8 massive and completely unique levels, it even included the original Donkey Kong game (the first game that Mario appeared in) and Jetpac. There really isn't anything bad about this game, it's virtually flawless in every way.

Sadly this is the last Donkey Kong game that Rareware ever made :(

Major likes this.
  8. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

I thought about it for a while, and my first choice is going to be...

Cannon Fodder - Various

[​IMG]

Created by British developers, Sensible Software, this was quite the controversial game when it came out, with the media pointing out its excessive violence and glorification of war, and for using the symbol of the Royal British Legion, the corn poppy (which later resulted in the in-game disclaimer, "This game is not in any way endorsed by the Royal British Legion").

But ignore all that! This is a fun little game which has you taking charge of up to 8 chibi soldiers through several different locations shooting the shit out of anything that shoots back. This game features grenades, rockets, vehicles, a bastardly difficulty curve, and possibly social commentary; you're constantly reminded of how many enemies you've killed vs how many of your men have died, the pre-mission screen shows a hill with a grave for every man you've lost with a line of recruits in front waiting to get sent off to die, and even the manual ends with the phrase, "As Cannon Fodder demonstrates in its own quirky little way, war is a senseless waste of lives and resources. We hope you never find out the hard way".

Cannon Fodder - an game that, while pointing out the effects of war, manages to stick to its tagline of "War Has Never Been So Much Fun".

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  9. Major

I think Chaos is on vacation, not sure for how long. I'm going to put him at the end of the list. I'll PM Maikeru and tell him it's his turn.

10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I won't lie Storm, I've never even heard of that game.