Video game clothing is expensive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by viLky, Aug 20, 2009.

1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Frekin' $20 for this Super Mario mushroom shirt:

[​IMG]

While this Zelda shirt is $18:

[​IMG]

I understand making a profit, but geeze, that's about 4X - 5X the price of a normal shirt without anything on it. And, don't give me that "Buy a similar shirt that resembles Mario." No, no, no. I don't want Super Mario carrot, or Xelda shirt. I'll pass. =P

They should at least cut the price to make it somewhat reasonable. I bought a similar shirt from Wal-Greens (yes, I buy clothing there, too!) for around $4. Gimme a break, or at least a discount if I buy in bulk. ^_^

Do you like clothing that is outrageously price, and you must have it?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I bought a t-shirt for $10 the other day. That's about as high as I'd go for a t-shirt though.

I know what you mean about having to have it. Sometimes you see a shirt and it just works for you.

viLky likes this.
  3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Where the hell are you trying to buy these from? I can get gaming shirts for $12 tops.

4. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I've seen a Mario/Bowser t-shirt for like $6 last weekend.

5. myGUNgoesPewPew

myGUNgoesPewPew Registered Member

Lol......i just went to Meijer last week and bought a black T-shirt with a XBOX 360 logo on it, cost me $25!!!!! Ridiculous!

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Online. I've compared prices to all sorts of other e-dealers and this company is the one I trust with my information and the cheapest deals.

The only other thing I can do is go down to one of those t-shirt making shops and ask them to create some shirts for me. However, I'm not sure by law if they are permitted to use Nintendo logos and characters due to copyright laws.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  7. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Where do you get them? I never know where to go to get good t-shirts.

8. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

I agree that stuff can be expensive. I usually look online and places for cheaper prices.

9. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

Ok. I just want to put a stop to all this nonsense about "high prices". Where I live, t-shirts at the height of fashion go at around £40/£50. I've seen some as high as £60. Even plain t-shirts can be around £20+, depending where you shop. You have to look around to find anything under £15.

Bearing in mind that £40 is around $60.

10. sb1732

sb1732 Registered Member

I was just thinking that. I used to live in England so i know what you mean.

In Australia it's the same though. Like, you can get t-shirts for $20 or something but most t-shirts are alot more than that.

I've never tried to buy a gaming shirt though, so are they suppost to be cheaper?