Victory Viper xx03

I

Ignazio

I way taking a look at this card today before I put in a deck I am giving to someone for thier birthday tomarrow. This card has major feild advantage.

Card Name:Victory Viper XX03
Card Type:Monster
Monster Type:Machine
Attribute:LIGHT
Level:4
Attack:1200
Defense:1000

When this card destroys an opponent's monster as a result of battle, select and activate 1 of the following effects:
- Increase the ATK of this card by 400 points.
- Destroy 1 face-up Spell or Trap Card on the field.
- Special Summon 1 "Option Token" to your side of the field. It always has the same Type, Attribute, Level, ATK and DEF as this card.

Ok use the Power Capsules to give it Mystical Space Typhoon abilities or Summon a Token for tributes. But I was thinking why not clear the field then use the power capsules to gain a couple of tokens. Later on in the duel when it has destroyed a couple of monsters use Limiter Removal this doulbes the attack of Victory Viper xx03's attack which doubles the attack of all the tokens if the field is clear then say hello to a FTK. Any comments on my thought of this?

Turbo

Registered Member
I'm not thrilled nor upset with this card. The main issue her is the low ATK. In the current metagame an ATK under 1400 without a flip-effect or high DEF won't last too long without an equip card or some kind of boost. In a machine or light theme deck perhaps it's a heavy hitter but competitively its a tech if that at all.

K

Kobe101

an equip card would bolster this thing to a monster that can hold its own. but I think that putting power-ups in a deck slows it down.

But I havent played for a while,so bother with me.

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
This card is only good for 3 things. It's a light monster, it's a machine, and you can search it with Sangan. Out side of that this card has nothing really going for it.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
This card tends to need a deck designed to help it get the effects off. Such a deck would include a United We Stand, Power Capsules, Ojama Trio and others ways to power up or make its attack greater than that of an opponent's monster. A good utility card with this is Blast With Chain. You can use it to get the attack boost and then use Viper's second effect to nuke Blast to destroy any other card on the field.

Over all its an ok card that really takes some thought to use.

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
Kos4Evr said:
This card tends to need a deck designed to help it get the effects off. Such a deck would include a United We Stand, Power Capsules, Ojama Trio and others ways to power up or make its attack greater than that of an opponent's monster. A good utility card with this is Blast With Chain. You can use it to get the attack boost and then use Viper's second effect to nuke Blast to destroy any other card on the field.

Over all its an ok card that really takes some thought to use.
Your right this card does need a deck around it. There was a player that made a deck around it, would other machines and a few things to fuel her Chaos. I never played her but I hurd it was good.