• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Vick suspended indefinitely

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Michael Vick on Friday that he is suspended indefinitely without pay from the National Football League, effective immediately.

Following are excerpts from Commissioner Goodell’s letter to Vick:
» "Your admitted conduct was not only illegal, but also cruel and reprehensible. Your team, the NFL, and NFL fans have all been hurt by your actions."
» "Your plea agreement and the plea agreements of your co-defendants also demonstrate your significant involvement in illegal gambling. Even if you personally did not place bets, as you contend, your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL Player Contract and expose you to corrupting influences in derogation of one of the most fundamental responsibilities of an NFL player."
» "You have engaged in conduct detrimental to the welfare of the NFL and have violated the league’s Personal Conduct Policy."
» "I will review the status of your suspension following the conclusion of the legal proceedings. As part of that review, I will take into account a number of factors, including the resolution of any other charges that may be brought against you, whether in Surry County, Virginia, or other jurisdictions, your conduct going forward, the specifics of the sentence imposed by Judge Hudson and any related findings he might make, and the extent to which you are truthful and cooperative with law enforcement and league staff who are investigating these matters."
» "I have advised the Falcons that, with my decision today, they are no longer prohibited from acting and are now free to assert any claims or remedies available to them under the Collective Bargaining Agreement or your NFL Player Contract."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d801c32be&template=without-video&confirm=true

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
This is bad. I know hes guilty but Vick generated interest in a city where it had no interest in the franchise.

I think he will be back...sometime...dont know when.

N

natnsoxfan

I really hate this topic because, as you may or may not know, I am a Falcons fan, primarily because of Vick. I'm so torn on this. I own a dog, and I love him, hes my best friend and is a great dog, but Vick is my favorite player in the NFL, but this is sickening and despicable act. I dunno, I just want him to serve his time and come back as a Falcon, I don't think he will though. :no:

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I really hate this topic because, as you may or may not know, I am a Falcons fan, primarily because of Vick. I'm so torn on this. I own a dog, and I love him, hes my best friend and is a great dog, but Vick is my favorite player in the NFL, but this is sickening and despicable act. I dunno, I just want him to serve his time and come back as a Falcon, I don't think he will though. :no:
I really think his NFL career is over...There are talked of him playing in the CFL.

R

rockiesfan4ever

How would you like it if your owner killed you if you didn't perform well Vick?

N

natnsoxfan

I really think his NFL career is over...There are talked of him playing in the CFL.
I don't think its over. He has tons of talent and is blessed with athletic ability most have only dreamed of having and few have had, and there is always a team looking for a QB, or he could switch to just about any position on the field. I don't think he'll be a Falcon again, but I think he'll play in the NFL again.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I don't think its over. He has tons of talent and is blessed with athletic ability most have only dreamed of having and few have had, and there is always a team looking for a QB, or he could switch to just about any position on the field. I don't think he'll be a Falcon again, but I think he'll play in the NFL again.
Its like ricky williams all over again...

I miss ricky i really do.

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
He'll be back he's too talented not to, some team will take when he's released maybe the Dolphins and Raiders if JaMarcus doesnt straighten up and sign. But if he'll be the same Mike Vick I do not know.

P

platypus616

you're a fan of a scumbag. separate the person from the performance. if the person's moral choices and decisions are beyond what you would willingly support, then give it up.

vick has been a scumbag for a few years. anyone remember the ron mexico incident?

and apparently from reading the plea he signed, this dog fighting venture has been going since 2001.

scum

bag.

i don't care what team he played for, that garbage is still unacceptable and if someone is such a fan of a sporting team that they forgive such trash, then they really need to reanalize their perspective on life and what's important.

...not pointing that last statement at you but at atlanta fans who think this scum is actually worth something.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think he'll be suspended for at least two years. Now I don't know if he's going to play another game in the NFL, will there be an owner that will take a chance on him? It's very hard to say. But if no team wants to sign him, I believe he'll go play in the CFL, they gave Ricky a chance, and there's no way they won't give Vick a chance.