VHS Video!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vidic15, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Has anyone still got this?

I remember the days when this was cool, and then DVD's came into the image.

God, my father still has one from 6 years ago, and it works, I watched a movie on it today! It's awesome! :p

2. fragile

fragile Registered Member

Yes, we still have one at home. Have tons of cartoons and other movies, but I hardly ever watch them anymore.
    We got some special cartoons that were recorded and they hold soo many memories, but I'm kind of worried that they won't work if I watch them. I remember the quality was pretty poor the last time I tried. :-/

3. Eilt_Druin

Eilt_Druin Registered Member

It's not that old. ;) They do still make the things, even if they aren't as popular as DVD now. I guess new movies probably don't get released on VHS any more, but movies on VHS can still be found in a lot of stores.

4. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Yes, I still use it too, because I don't have one of those there fancy dvr things.

5. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't have any personally but back at my parents house they still have some, old family videos and things like that.

6. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

The real question is "does anyone still have a Betamax?"

7. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't even know what that is... :-/

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Haha. My aunt used to own a betamax rental store.

Five years ago, our room was walled with VHS (you cannot see the real wall anymore). Then we decided to just start with a DVD collection. We sold the hundreds of vhs we owned for a bargain price. I kept some for sentimental reasons. :lol: We don't even have a vhs player anymore. So now our wall is lined with DVDs. I hope I won't need to sell them in the near future.

9. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Is it that those cassete recorders?

10. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Betamax and VHS were rivals for the tape industry, just like HD DVD and Blu-Ray were competeing to be the champion High def disc of this generation. Just like Blu-ray owned HD-DVD, VHS owned Betamax.

[​IMG]